A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

The question now is: now what? Hot soak them and then get them hemmed? The sales clerk at the store as well as my french, APC-obsessed (though not denimhead) friend told me I shouldn't soak them, but everything i read on SF seems to indicate otherwise.

The question is: who do you trust more: those who tried both ways and learned the hard way, or a sales clerk?

There's myth, and then there's reality. (as I learned at the cost of about, oh, $600 over the years)

Tiger's right. Soak them and then hem if you need to. There's much to lose but nothing to gain whatsoever to leaving them dry. None. I would would challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

2. jake8078

jake8078 Well-Known Member

The question is: who do you trust more: those who tried both ways and learned the hard way, or a sales clerk?

There's myth, and then there's reality. (as I learned at the cost of about, oh, $600 over the years)

Tiger's right. Soak them and then hem if you need to. There's much to lose but nothing to gain whatsoever to leaving them dry. None. I would would challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

I just asked this a few days ago and got the opposite answer (don't soak them)!

I had to exchange mine for 26's but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

There is no "right way". Do what you want based on your preference. Personally I like to hotsoak before to get shrinkage and sizing out and set the creases even with sanforized denim but some people don't. Not doing an initial soak is an american thing, the japanese almost always initial soak and wash often. In the long run, it is not going to make much of a difference.
    Bottom line is do whatever you want. Experiment!

Haha, okay, i got it. How long should I soak them then? And then machine dry?

4. ramon

ramon Active Member

whats sizing like on the washed versions of a.p.c. jeans? TTS? still size down?

5. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

whats sizing like on the washed versions of a.p.c. jeans? TTS? still size down?

from my experience (only one pair) they are pretty much TTS, I wear a 32 in the NS and got a 34 in the washed version.

6. Piroshky

Piroshky Senior member

Super quick [lazy] question: what's the cheapest place to buy a pair as of now? I realized the denimbar discount works no more. :/

7. onion

onion Senior member

PC raw denim isn't allowed to be discounted, so the price should be the same everywhere.

8. Piroshky

Piroshky Senior member

Yah I know, I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree. I shall go elsewhere! [​IMG]

9. BareSolid

BareSolid Senior member

I am a 32 waist, 5 foot 11, shoe shize 9 UK.

Should I buy APC NS in size 30W and have them hemmed to a 32 1/2? Would they look good with RM Williams Craftsman Yearling in Chestnut Brown?

This is what I was thinking of doing, with a polo, jumper and something like a Barbour Beaufort on top. Should I size down the Beaufort? I am a 38 in the chest.

10. vertig0

vertig0 Active Member

A few questions about my new APC's New Standards:

Is there any tricks to the trade when it comes to breaking them in? I know there is some debate about soaking/not soaking them, can anyone with experience recommend one or the other? And if you did soak, outline the methodology you used?

I need to get them hemmed. I was planning on waiting at least a few weeks to let the knees etc. come in, does this seem sufficient? Obviously, the answer to the first question will influence the answer to this questions.

Thanks in advance for replies, you're help is much appreciated!

11. click here

click here Senior member

I normally wear a size 31 or 32. If I bought a petit standard in size 31, would you say that it would fit? The jeans are not raw...

12. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

Is it cuckoo to have New Cures, New Standards and Petit Standards? I like them all.

13. splattered

splattered Senior member

My BALLS hurt. Seriously. These jeans better get with the program. SOON. 2nd day wearing at work. Ouch.

14. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

My BALLS hurt. Seriously. These jeans better get with the program. SOON. 2nd day wearing at work. Ouch.

Report back in a month.

15. splattered

splattered Senior member

Report back in a month.

Sure, if i can find whats left of my bits & taint i'll drag it back here and let you know how they fit a month later