A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. kidkorea

kidkorea Senior member

Rinse or not to Rinse?

Hi All,

I just pulled the trigger on my first pair of APC NS's. I've completely new to unwashed denim, and I've read pages and pages of this thread only to find conflicting information.

Some said give them a rinse when you first get them. Other said don't. What should I really do, and why or why not?

I'm going to try to wait at least 6 months for the first actual wash, as that seems to be unanimous.

Also, the consensus seems to be that they fit well if it's difficult to button the top button the first time you put them on. Is that pretty much the case?

THANKS!
    Jake

No need to rinse APC's. All it will do is lose the nice sheen they come with (shrinkage will be close to none). Just wash it when it begins to smell.

Escarole - All I did in my pair was walk around campus and go bar hopping/clubbing/partying in them. I just tried to beat them up as much as possible, no need to run track in a pair of jeans to achieve fades. My pair didn't touch water for over a year though (and they never smelled).

2. jimmy_boi

jimmy_boi Member

i was wondering does the APC New Stander anything like the nudies slim jim as regrading to how they fit?

3. kidkorea

kidkorea Senior member

^No they are completely different fits. The Slim jim kind of flares out towards the hem but the new standards are a more tapered fit towards the bottom.

4. sazon

sazon Senior member

^No they are completely different fits. The Slim jim kind of flares out towards the hem but the new standards are a more tapered fit towards the bottom.

Just bought my first APC NS. Anyone know what the default inseam is on these babies? I bought 33 waist. These seem like at least a 34 inseam....

I want to get them brought up to a 31" inseam.

5. kinch

kinch Well-Known Member

I've been looking to get into raw denim, and I'm thinking about going with APC. I can't pull off the skinny jeans look, so I'm probably going to go with the Rescues. These are just more relaxed, right? Not baggy?

And should I still size down two as with the NS?

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

I've been looking to get into raw denim, and I'm thinking about going with APC. I can't pull off the skinny jeans look, so I'm probably going to go with the Rescues. These are just more relaxed, right? Not baggy?

And should I still size down two as with the NS?

I'm no fan of skinny either and I went for the NS. They're not skinny. They're just slim straight I'd say. Try them on, for sure.

7. RawrImABear

RawrImABear Member

PC PS tagged size 25, my waist = 28 got them in the mail today [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. jake8078

jake8078 Well-Known Member

Hi All, I'm usually a 28 or 29 in jeans, so I went with the 27 NS. I like my jeans either straight or slim, but definitely not skinny. I had no difficulty getting the top button done like many people say, but they do fit quite snugly. I'm happy with the fit in the calves and thighs right now, because I don't think they could stretch so far that they'll be too big down there, and as I stated I don't like jeans that are very skinny through the legs. My ONLY concern is how much they're going to stretch in the waist. I don't want to end up with a ton of extra fabric that I could fit like my arm into. So, those with experience. Should I keep these or exchange for 26's? I don't know what to expect for exactly how much they're going to stretch. THANKS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

Size down 1 more. They will stretch. If the waist fits right now they're going to be hanging off your ass in about 3-4 months time.

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Forgive me for not wanting to read 300+ pages of a thread for an answer, but at 6'6" will I be ok getting some APC NS? I usually wear a 36" length in my jeans and don't know if this brand comes long enough for me. A lot of jean brands don't....

Also are all APC NS jeans "raw"? Again, new to this all.

Thanks!!!

11. jaac

jaac Senior member

jake,
    they look fine, abit loose. Keep them if you like it but wear a belt tight or the waste will stretch. If it were me i would size down another one or even two.

12. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

JMRouse, you should be able to tell if the denim is raw or not. Plus most sites only sell raw APCs. I'm pretty sure the raws are sanforized, so the shrinking should be minimal (don't quote me on that).

13. jake8078

jake8078 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm actually going to size down to the 26's in that case. Why pay a fortune for expensive jeans and not get the best possible fit eh?

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    JMRouse, you should be able to tell if the denim is raw or not. Plus most sites only sell raw APCs. I'm pretty sure the raws are sanforized, so the shrinking should be minimal (don't quote me on that).

All the sites I have found don't list them with an inseam size. I need to know how long they are too.

15. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

All the sites I have found don't list them with an inseam size. I need to know how long they are too.

I think the inseam is 34", not 100% sure though.