A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

got a pair of size 31 new standards for sale. i'm gonna get ap air of PBJs so i dont think i need these anymore. they're brand new just shipped in. its in my sig if anyones interested.

A good call. Take a look at the 005's. Mega amazing denim. Pretty slubby though and will quite a departure into very interesting newnessness for you. I love 'em. They're looking to be pretty promising, and so much more interesting than APC.

Seen some nice clothes at selfridges today; and then seen a chap sporting the red check/brown faux collar on the street which looked quite nice. I want to go to the actual shop to buy the sweater I seen; a green tweed look one with leather buttons on the left shoulder.

You mean the new APC 'Storm Coat' one with red and brown check and brown collar? I like that too. Grab that guy's and send it to me, will ya?

2. slickmick

slickmick Active Member

A good call. Take a look at the 005's. Mega amazing denim. Pretty slubby though and will quite a departure into very interesting newnessness for you. I love 'em. They're looking to be pretty promising, and so much more interesting than APC.

yeah im gonna get 005's. my moms in hong kong right now and i told her to get me them in take5. hopefully they have my size

3. jbux

jbux Well-Known Member

Man, be advised APC shoppers, context clothing does NOT accept returns for a full refund, only exchange or store credit.

4. kapli

kapli Member

Got my first A.P.C jeans the other day, bought the New Standard size 31, usually i wear jeans with 32 waist size and 30 in length, so I only went down 1 size. Putting them on the first time they were pretty tight, but after wearing them one day I have noticed that they have stretched quite a lot in the waist. I washed them on hand wash with woolite in my washing machine before I wore them, tomorrow I will get them hemmed, hopefully they won't stretch too much more because right now I really like them and would buy another pair. Maybe if this one stretches too much I will get 30 next time.

5. KBW

KBW Senior member

wore my APC's for 8 months...washed them for the first time yesterday and they don't look half as good anymore [​IMG] Guess it is time to start over on another pair

6. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

7. greens11

greens11 Active Member

Does anyone know how the sizing on these work for women? I'm looking to buy a pair for my girlfriend, new cures most likely (unless I can be persuaded to another pair, which could happen very easily). Mauro had suggested that I not size down 2 on the waist for her. I'm assuming it's to take into account her hips. If her waist is a 27, what size do you recommend I get for her?

8. KBW

KBW Senior member

^ pics?

took a pic with my iPhone and the quality is so bad it isn't even worth posting (if u really want a pic I'll use my real camera). Now that I've worn them again they aren't as bad as my first impression out of the wash. Right out of the wash with their shape gone they looked pretty bad. Going to keep wearing them but already ordered another pair. These that I have are Rescues sized down 2. I ordered NS a size smaller than these. The rescues are by far my biggest pair of jeans as far as overall dimensions

Have a pair of Somet 005's on the way (already have 003's) but for now I'm working on breaking in RB11's I've had for a while but haven't worn until recently. I like the look of the denim on the RB11's but am still up in the air on whether or not I prefer it over the APC's denim. It is definitely different. Looking forward to having a nice pair of black Somets.

9. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

^ seems like it would be hard to get good fades when only sizing down two on the rescues. I sized down 4 and they are still kinda loose.

10. browe402

browe402 New Member

how much can sweating affect the size of your jeans? my NS are noticeably tighter today than they have been for the past few weeks.. i hope i didn't just suddenly get a bit fatter

also, the threads around my top button are coming off like crazy, do i just leave it alone or what?

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

NCs don't have larger thighs than NS, right?

Context says the NS 29s have a 10.25" thigh, but NCs have a 10.75" thigh. Is that right?

12. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

how much can sweating affect the size of your jeans? my NS are noticeably tighter today than they have been for the past few weeks.. i hope i didn't just suddenly get a bit fatter

also, the threads around my top button are coming off like crazy, do i just leave it alone or what?

Your sweat did not shrink them.

13. smell n' tell

smell n' tell Active Member

My new standards felt considerably tighter after a few weeks of running stairs, but lo and behold they stretched out to comfort levels after about another week or so with my new thigh size.

14. steezin

steezin Senior member

I was considering buying a pair of apc grey jeans, I was planning on sizing down 2, am i correct in thinking these stretch as much as other apc jeans?
    I was also wondering if they're selvedge or not...
    Thanks

15. 1969

1969 Senior member

I was considering buying a pair of apc grey jeans, I was planning on sizing down 2, am i correct in thinking these stretch as much as other apc jeans?
    I was also wondering if they're selvedge or not...
    Thanks

Mine didn't stretch at all and are not selvedge. Bought from 2 seasons ago though.