A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. monkeyzoncrack

monkeyzoncrack Member

2. tampwn

tampwn Member

Hey everyone. I've had a pair of petit standards for about 7 months now and they show almost no fade. I bought them a little big (26. my true size back then was about 25) but i grew a bit so i guess they are about my current true size. I do however have some pretty solid creases that i am happy with. So what im wondering is if i should wash them and hope for a fade or maybe soak them and get them to shrink so i can get some fade while wearing them. Also, should i be using that woolite dark stuff?

thanks alot!

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Wear them more. APC's are very easy to fade.

4. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

so i just got a pair of rescues in 33

i had bought the 34 at first (my actual waist size is 34) because i want a little bit of abaggy fit, but the waist was really big and i thought with the stretching it was just gonna be ridiculous. the thighs and legs on the 34s were like perfect tho

now with these 33s the waist is a lot better but the legs are definitely tighter than i want. my only issue is that when im like walking around, theres no actual pressure on the thighs, so i feel like its not going to stretch just from that. so when im sitting i either sit a little wide legged to put pressure on the side of the thighs or sit cross-legged (they are really tight on the thighs if i do that)

my question is is sitting cross-legged ok or is it gonna crease the jeans weird or something and is there any other way to get the thighs to stretch out (im hoping that they will stretch out at least .5 inches to what the 34s were) -- im assuming that putting pressure on the denim is going to cause them to stretch

on a side note ive only had them for 2 days (worn all day and slept in) so maybe its a little early to be worried about it since everyone seems to say they wills tretch but they really havent noticeably stretched at all (maaaybe a little bit)

youre thinking way to hard about this

5. smell n' tell

smell n' tell Active Member

I'm about to hit the three week mark on my new standards. Still tight in the thigh. Will it stretch any more?

6. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Every day for three weeks? Probably still a bit of stretch left. Try doing some cycling in them...

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Thanks so much for the details.

Quick question. When people say to size down 2-3 sizes, are they referring to the ACTUAL waist measurements, or APCs size? I'm a pretty true 32", and I bought a size 29 (actual waist 31) in the NS.

I was completely unable to button the 28's when I tried them on, but the 29's i could get on with a little bit of sucking in.

Simple formula: Tagged size is 2" less than the actual measured size. So size down two from tagged just to get to your real waist size (i.e.: Tagged 30 is actually 32" measured).

Then - the jeans are known to stretch about 2" (2 sizes) with wear. Size down one or two additional for this. So if I wear a 32 actual waist, I'd want a 29 (or 28 for a snug fit). Initial tightness, even to the point of difficulty buttoning top button is desirable for an eventual ideal fit.

The outside stitching around the knees on my petit standards is kinda making me nervous. Was fine at first but after wearing them for 2 months or so i dunno. Am just trusting they'll be fine

It'll hold. Probably. Some have been known to bust, but if it hasn't already, it wont. Mine did on some PS (at the hem) when new. I've also seen them bust around the hip.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Hey everyone. I've had a pair of petit standards for about 7 months now and they show almost no fade. I bought them a little big (26. my true size back then was about 25) but i grew a bit so i guess they are about my current true size. I do however have some pretty solid creases that i am happy with. So what im wondering is if i should wash them and hope for a fade or maybe soak them and get them to shrink so i can get some fade while wearing them. Also, should i be using that woolite dark stuff?

thanks alot!

Hot soak an air dry is good for 'em. Tightens 'em up. Creases will seem to go away, but they come back immediately. Lots of stiffness will remain.

9. smell n' tell

smell n' tell Active Member

Every day for three weeks? Probably still a bit of stretch left. Try doing some cycling in them...

Almost every day. At least 5 1/2 days a week. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Squats should accomplish the same thing as I don't have a bike.

10. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Almost every day. At least 5 1/2 days a week. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Squats should accomplish the same thing as I don't have a bike.

I just sit down at the computer in mine. Works, considering I sit in front of a PC for like 8 hours a day.

11. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Would sizing down 3 create a greater risk of a knee blowout?

I normally wear 31 and the 29s would probably work for me, wondering if I should risk a 28.

12. masterllama

masterllama Senior member

Would sizing down 3 create a greater risk of a knee blowout?

I normally wear 31 and the 29s would probably work for me, wondering if I should risk a 28.

i'd say it dependson thetype of fit you want. If you can manage it, you'd probably be better off with a 28 as tehse things stretch like crazy.

I'm like a 30.5 and I went with a 28 and now I'm using a belt to stop the waist from stretching anymore.

13. nick.g

nick.g Active Member

I'll actually be able to try on the NS before I buy but I want to account for stretch.

If I can't button the last two buttons does that mean it will end up perfect? Or is it if I can't button just the last one button?

14. slickmick

slickmick Active Member

got a pair of size 31 new standards for sale. i'm gonna get ap air of PBJs so i dont think i need these anymore. they're brand new just shipped in. its in my sig if anyones interested.

15. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

Seen some nice clothes at selfridges today; and then seen a chap sporting the red check/brown faux collar on the street which looked quite nice. I want to go to the actual shop to buy the sweater I seen; a green tweed look one with leather buttons on the left shoulder.