A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

Get the New Standard. Rescue is for old, fat men.

And young fat men. *Points to self*

2. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

Question regarding the Petite Standard. Does anyone have experience with this cut? How do they really fit, etc? I'm not looking for "between NC and NS". Which are they closer to? I've had both NS (way too baggy for me) and NC (slightly too tight). Is the PS the cut for me or am I just barking up the wrong tree with APC? How will the rise affect their wearability for me?

anybody?

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

or large endowments

ps I have rescues

4. gordon jraber

gordon jraber Well-Known Member

anyone got before/after/progress pics?

picked up a pair of new cures the other day and curious as to how they'll age.

5. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

or large endowments

ps I have rescues

this is the kind of shit that scares people away from decent jeans that arent cut to fit a person with the build of a prepubescent boy. if you can wear ns and look proportional then you are smaller than average. im not knocking you for it, but a fat man could never fit into the rescue. this mega tapered jeans shit is getting so played out. if 6th graders do it you probably should not

6. Aparke612

Aparke612 Well-Known Member

God no. They shrink centimeters at most.

Ok thanks. does anyone else disagree with this?

7. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

this is the kind of shit that scares people away from decent jeans that arent cut to fit a person with the build of a prepubescent boy. if you can wear ns and look proportional then you are smaller than average. im not knocking you for it, but a fat man could never fit into the rescue. this mega tapered jeans shit is getting so played out. if 6th graders do it you probably should not

Non-sized-down NS are are pretty damned relaxed-fit, and look fine.

(Mine were sized-down to start, but then I lost weight.)

Even sized-down, I disagree with you. They're hardly tapered at all. I am not at all a small person, and the biggest problem I had with them at first wasn't proportion, it was that the bottoms looked really sloppy without cuffing/hemming. This is a problem that people don't have much at smaller waist sizes, where the hem will drop under 8" and stack properly.

I'm not disagreeing that there are people on whom the NS wouldn't look good, or that a lot of those people are neither old nor fat. But the NS isn't a particularly skinny or tapered jean. And I've never liked any Rescue fits I've seen. If the NS really wouldn't work for anyone, I'd advocate looking outside of APC jeans.

(If, that is, their goal is to get me to like the way their jeans looks. Admittedly, that's not what everyone is going for.)

8. davidmross

davidmross Senior member

Thought I'd post my experience with APC in the hopes that it might help a couple of forumites.

I picked up a pair of 33 New Standards in Milwaukee in the first week of August. I've been wearing them regularly but I'm mid-30s and work in an office so it's not like I'm wearing them 5 days a week for 10-14 hours a day. At most they are on 1 or 2 times a week for 8 - 10 hours at a time.

When I first got them I made the mistake of changing into them in the Milwaukee airport and then boarding a plane for four hours. Holy fuck. What a ball crushing experience. I thought I'd die. It was like wearing lead. I normally wear either a 34 or 35 inch waist and sized down to 33 based on the SA's advice and fitting room experience. After maybe 5 wears they became nicely sized to my body and I never gave fit another thought.

I like them. I'd prefer the calf to be a bit more slim....perhaps one inch....but it's not the end of the world.

Contrary to all forum advice I've washed them already. I just couldn't deal with the perceived grunginess of them after 3.5 months of wear. I'm not sorry that I washed them.

I used Woolite black and a washing machine on delicate cycle using warm wash and cold rinse. I dried them using a combination of dryer with cool air for about 40 mins and then laying them on a drying rack over night. Essentially they shrank back to their original size and the legs came up a bit so that I'm no longer feeling the need to cuff them. The good news is that I didn't have to wear them another 5 times to stretch them back out to get them feeling comfortable. I threw them on, did 3 minutes of crazy yoga-style poses and stretches, and that seemed to satisfy me fairly well. Night 1 I had to wear them with the first button undone but on the second wear I was back to having everything buttoned up and feeling completely comfortable.

The dye/fading is pretty minimal having used black woolite and the delicate cycle but I will admit that much more of the white threads are noticable in the weave now. Maybe just to me but they are there.

They are great pants and I have no regrets in dropping 2x the max I've ever spent on a pair of jeans in my life. I'm not scared to spend good money on suits but spending lots of streetwear is a bit of a new experience.

Onwards and upwards.

9. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Thought I'd post my experience with APC in the hopes that it might help a couple of forumites.

I picked up a pair of 33 New Standards in Milwaukee in the first week of August. I've been wearing them regularly but I'm mid-30s and work in an office so it's not like I'm wearing them 5 days a week for 10-14 hours a day. At most they are on 1 or 2 times a week for 8 - 10 hours at a time.

When I first got them I made the mistake of changing into them in the Milwaukee airport and then boarding a plane for four hours. Holy fuck. What a ball crushing experience. I thought I'd die. It was like wearing lead. I normally wear either a 34 or 35 inch waist and sized down to 33 based on the SA's advice and fitting room experience. After maybe 5 wears they became nicely sized to my body and I never gave fit another thought.

I like them. I'd prefer the calf to be a bit more slim....perhaps one inch....but it's not the end of the world.

Contrary to all forum advice I've washed them already. I just couldn't deal with the perceived grunginess of them after 3.5 months of wear. I'm not sorry that I washed them.

I used Woolite black and a washing machine on delicate cycle using warm wash and cold rinse. I dried them using a combination of dryer with cool air for about 40 mins and then laying them on a drying rack over night. Essentially they shrank back to their original size and the legs came up a bit so that I'm no longer feeling the need to cuff them. The good news is that I didn't have to wear them another 5 times to stretch them back out to get them feeling comfortable. I threw them on, did 3 minutes of crazy yoga-style poses and stretches, and that seemed to satisfy me fairly well. Night 1 I had to wear them with the first button undone but on the second wear I was back to having everything buttoned up and feeling completely comfortable.

The dye/fading is pretty minimal having used black woolite and the delicate cycle but I will admit that much more of the white threads are noticable in the weave now. Maybe just to me but they are there.

They are great pants and I have no regrets in dropping 2x the max I've ever spent on a pair of jeans in my life. I'm not scared to spend good money on suits but spending lots of streetwear is a bit of a new experience.

Onwards and upwards.

Thanks so much for the details.

Quick question. When people say to size down 2-3 sizes, are they referring to the ACTUAL waist measurements, or APCs size? I'm a pretty true 32", and I bought a size 29 (actual waist 31) in the NS.

I was completely unable to button the 28's when I tried them on, but the 29's i could get on with a little bit of sucking in.

10. Darryl M R

Darryl M R Member

I plan to buy my first pair of APC soon. I want to get New Cures but I was wondering how long will it take for them to fade and how long do they "last".

11. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Thanks so much for the details.

Quick question. When people say to size down 2-3 sizes, are they referring to the ACTUAL waist measurements, or APCs size? I'm a pretty true 32", and I bought a size 29 (actual waist 31) in the NS.

I was completely unable to button the 28's when I tried them on, but the 29's i could get on with a little bit of sucking in.

It's from APC tagged sizes as they are vanity sized and the actual waist measurements are 2" plus the tagged size.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

The outside stitching around the knees on my petit standards is kinda making me nervous. Was fine at first but after wearing them for 2 months or so i dunno. Am just trusting they'll be fine

13. davidmross

davidmross Senior member

It's from APC tagged sizes as they are vanity sized and the actual waist measurements are 2" plus the tagged size.

I own size 33 APC New Standards. I normally buy "mall jeans" that are sized as 34 or 35 depending on the brand. I couldn't imagine sizing down another size to 32.

14. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

I own size 33 APC New Standards. I normally buy "mall jeans" that are sized as 34 or 35 depending on the brand. I couldn't imagine sizing down another size to 32.

Have you actually measured your waist and those jeans? Jean sizes vary so much between brands that you can't just blindly compare other tagged sizes.

And regarding sizing down 3, just look through the thread and not everyone is able to do it. Like the poster above me, I have a true waist around 32 and I ended up with NS in 29 with the top button being difficult to button up at first. When I tried on a NS 30, there was about half an inch or so gap when I pulled at the waist and based on people saying how much they stretched out, I went down a size. I also tried on petit standards in 31 and due to the low rise I could fit 3 fingers between the waist band. They are definitely sized 2" larger than what the tag says.

15. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I plan to buy my first pair of APC soon. I want to get New Cures but I was wondering how long will it take for them to fade and how long do they "last".
    Depends on how much you wear them and what you do in them (eg running, bicycling, etc). In regards to how long they "last," I've seen some pairs last 1-2 years, with heavy wear. By heavy, I mean every day of the year.