Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mfais

mfais Senior member

anyone know where i can get the nikexapc all court online or in nyc?

2. Bonesy

Bonesy Well-Known Member

Anyone seen this coat available anywhere online from the US?

[​IMG]

3. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Yeah that does look horrible, but I've never seen a pair of Rescues look good. I would try sizing up one on the NS.
    If you keep sizing up on the NS, you end up with funny proportions. With NS, the waist was huge on me when the thighs were painted on. I thought I had not seen a pair of rescues look good either. So much so, that when I went to the store, I did not even try them on. Just went with NS and went home. Then realized that big thighs and slim jeans looks frumpy at best. So, I went back, got some rescues, and tada, they look slim enough and also well proportioned on me. Please, just try some rescues- they are not a baggy fit like some of the few pics on SuFu make them seem. They are just a standard cut jean that will let you still have kids if you are larger through the midsection.

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

If you keep sizing up on the NS, you end up with funny proportions. With NS, the waist was huge on me when the thighs were painted on.

I thought I had not seen a pair of rescues look good either. So much so, that when I went to the store, I did not even try them on. Just went with NS and went home. Then realized that big thighs and slim jeans looks frumpy at best. So, I went back, got some rescues, and tada, they look slim enough and also well proportioned on me.

Please, just try some rescues- they are not a baggy fit like some of the few pics on SuFu make them seem. They are just a standard cut jean that will let you still have kids if you are larger through the midsection.

I'm not big through the midsection though...the best way to describe my physique would be that I am a smaller version of Frank Zane. At my belly button I get down to 28" when dieting down...but my thighs maintain a CUT 24".

I'm really starting to just lose my patience with jeans as nothing looks good on me.

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

Also guys...I have a BRAND NEW pair of APC NS size 30 arriving in the mail Monday from Detour....I ended up trying on a pair from somebody I know and their not going to work either. So before I send them back, do any of you guys want them?

6. line.theory

line.theory Senior member

^ She's pretty (although I'm missing your point).

Yep. Unisex.

If I'm totally honest, I was really quoting for prettiness, so I'm not sure I could claim there was a 'point' as such beyond "here's their womens' line and the model is pretty."

@dmash, fwiw, depending on where you live (living in australia this is something I have trouble with) and if there is such a place in your area, it may be worth going to a store which stocks the kind of jeans you like the look of, and trying /everything on/. There /should/ be something that works for your body shape somewhere there.

I realise that isn't great advice because it's very broad and quite obvious - but really nothing beats trying something on in person.

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

If I'm totally honest, I was really quoting for prettiness, so I'm not sure I could claim there was a 'point' as such beyond "here's their womens' line and the model is pretty."

@dmash, fwiw, depending on where you live (living in australia this is something I have trouble with) and if there is such a place in your area, it may be worth going to a store which stocks the kind of jeans you like the look of, and trying /everything on/. There /should/ be something that works for your body shape somewhere there.

I realise that isn't great advice because it's very broad and quite obvious - but really nothing beats trying something on in person.

Yeah no where really around here to try good jeans on.

8. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

If you have big thighs I assume a bit bigger ass too, that is what I mean by midsection. Look, I am suggesting you try Rescues. I had the exact same problems as you. For whatever reason you seam to refuse to listen, which is ok, but then stop complaining in every thread on the board.

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

If you have big thighs I assume a bit bigger ass too, that is what I mean by midsection. Look, I am suggesting you try Rescues. I had the exact same problems as you. For whatever reason you seam to refuse to listen, which is ok, but then stop complaining in every thread on the board.

Homie, I HAVE Flathead F380's, I stated I wanted a smaller hem jean to flow with chucks. Rescue is sort of a lower quality F380...

and I only bitched in this thread and the ask a question thread, as I'm frustrated.

10. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

My suggestion still stands. Hem is slightly bigger than what you may be looking for, but if you are big you are big, and can't wear skinny hemmed jeans and still look proportional. I was looking for the exact same thing. Had plenty of fuller cut work-wear jeans to wear with Red Wing's and such, but wanted a pair of slimmer ones to wear with Brando Lace's and slimmer shoes (brogues) or sneakers. As I said, I thought the Rescue would not work, and did not even try them on the first time I went to the store. When I went back to return the NS's I looked ridiculous in I gave them a shot and they are doing exactly what I want them for, and what sounds like you want. Don't go by Rescue pics online, most people are wearing them very oversized. And just comparing measurements is tough too, as all jeans fit different. Coles Notes: You really need to give the Rescue a try. Just trust me. PS, if you want a good price on W&H Service Boots (less than US retail in CDN dollars) check out http://www.gravitypope.com/mens-shoes.php?brand=200

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

My suggestion still stands. Hem is slightly bigger than what you may be looking for, but if you are big you are big, and can't where skinny hemmed jeans and still look proportional. I was looking for the exat same thing. Had plenty of fuller cut workwear jeans to wear with Red Wing's and such, but wanted a pair of slimmer ones to wear with Brando Lace's and slimmer shoes (brogues) or sneakers. As I said, I thought the Rescue would not work, and did not even try them on the first time I went to the store. When I went back to return the NS's I looked ridiculous in I gave them a shot and they are doing exactly what I want them for, and what sounds like you want.

Coles Notes: You really need to give the Rescue a try. Just trust me.

Ok, thanks for your advice man.

What does the rescue's thigh measure in size 29?

12. slickmick

slickmick Active Member

Ok, thanks for your advice man.

What does the rescue's thigh measure in size 29?

on the measurement chart, it says its the same as NS thigh measurements except it doesnt taper towards the hem.

13. mfais

mfais Senior member

anyone know where i can get the nikexapc all court online or in nyc?

anyone?

14. Tonybag0dohnutz

Tonybag0dohnutz Senior member

Hey dmash1080, I sent you a PM - hit me up and let me know what you think. The quality on the 5ep's is awesome, just a bit too big for me in the thigh area and had to size down to a 30, but it sounds like it's the type of fit you might be looking for.

15. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

My suggestion still stands. Hem is slightly bigger than what you may be looking for, but if you are big you are big, and can't wear skinny hemmed jeans and still look proportional. I was looking for the exact same thing. Had plenty of fuller cut work-wear jeans to wear with Red Wing's and such, but wanted a pair of slimmer ones to wear with Brando Lace's and slimmer shoes (brogues) or sneakers. As I said, I thought the Rescue would not work, and did not even try them on the first time I went to the store. When I went back to return the NS's I looked ridiculous in I gave them a shot and they are doing exactly what I want them for, and what sounds like you want.

Don't go by Rescue pics online, most people are wearing them very oversized. And just comparing measurements is tough too, as all jeans fit different.

Coles Notes: You really need to give the Rescue a try. Just trust me.

PS, if you want a good price on W&H Service Boots (less than US retail in CDN dollars) check out http://www.gravitypope.com/mens-shoes.php?brand=200

he is right about the rescue. people act like they are huge and baggy when they actually look really good on someone with a larger frame. if your legs have a natural taper rom top to bottom you dont need your jeans to do the same. a straight leg will almost always look more proportional.