A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. splattered

splattered Senior member

Not to totally take over this thread haha but i just measured my size 28 SJDJ, they are a 30 waist now that ive worn them a few solid days... if they stay there they'll be perfect. I wouldn't have been able to get them on and fasten them if i had gotten them any smaller though. I think i'll have fun with them considering the nice shade of blue fade, but i can def tell the quality on APC are 10x what Nudies are.

2. masterllama

masterllama Senior member

Members of this board told me to size down 4, and the pics ive seen of people only sizing down 3 appear to be loose after a bit of wear... i'd still like them to be somewhat tight after some wear, not all stretched out.

I broke out my tape measure and they are exactly 27 on the dot, not 28... so that's why they won't even come close to buttoning.

If you check out what they list here, its off an inch... and now i have to pay for return shipping to exchange for a size up?

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6

Arghh i just need a pair that actually measure 28 at first.

this is surprising...

APCs in my experience are two sizes bigger than tagged. Its unfortunate that you happen to get one that was three sizes smaller. was it just that one or perhaps thats how it is as you size down that small?

3. splattered

splattered Senior member

this is surprising...

APCs in my experience are two sizes bigger than tagged. Its unfortunate that you happen to get one that was three sizes smaller. was it just that one or perhaps thats how it is as you size down that small?

Well yeah technically they're usually 2 sizes larger, and these would be only one size larger... I really don't know if i just got a funky pair or if thats how they measure as you go down because it isnt how they list them on the context website. I e-mailed them, so we shall see what they say [​IMG]

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Are you measuring with the front and back of the waistband aligned?

5. splattered

splattered Senior member

Are you measuring with the front and back of the waistband aligned?

No, with dip... aligned they would be 27.5 i'm assuming.

6. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

No, with dip... aligned they would be 27.5 i'm assuming.
    Waist measurements are taken with the front and back of the waistband aligned. Refer to the BiG guide on how to take proper jean measurements: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...tent&task=view Dipped measurements are meaningless, since all you're doing is measuring one side of a triangle, the shape of which varies from jean to jean, depending on the rise; it has no relation to the actual size of the waistband.

7. kontai69

kontai69 Senior member

Dipped measurements are meaningless, since all you're doing is measuring one side of a triangle, the shape of which varies from jean to jean, depending on the rise; it has no relation to the actual size of the waistband.
    However, Context looks like they use "dipped" measurements for the waist, at least according to this picture on their website...
    http://www.contextclothing.com/servi...how_we_measure

The "dipped" measurement on my 26 NS (bought from Context) was around 28.5" (14.25" x 2) when new. I think "splattered" may have gotten an aberrant pair. I also have a 30" waist and was able to button up all the buttons with no problems.

8. splattered

splattered Senior member

Ahh see? :p

Context just wrote me back and said that for a 30 waist a 28 measured pair of jeans sounds perfect... and they went and grabbed a pre-measured pair for me to make sure i get the right size.

These measure around 27.5 when aligned and i can't button them, so now i'm worried that a 28 would even fit in the first place haha

9. modual

modual Senior member

Ahh see? :p Context just wrote me back and said that for a 30 waist a 28 measured pair of jeans sounds perfect... and they went and grabbed a pre-measured pair for me to make sure i get the right size. These measure around 27.5 when aligned and i can't button them, so now i'm worried that a 28 would even fit in the first place haha
    For fucks sake. Just grab a pair of jeans that fit well in the waist and measure the waist aligned. Now take 2" off that and that's your tagged size for apc ns . Not hard is it ??

10. splattered

splattered Senior member

No shit i already know that [​IMG]

11. masterllama

masterllama Senior member

Honestly theres nothing with getting slightly bigger than that.

sure they'll stretch out but worst case scenario just wear a belt?

I'm a 30 inch waist adn i just sized down two to 28 and i've been using a belt now that they've stretched out a bit to prevent more stretch

12. Mr_Mike

Mr_Mike Member

just bought a pair of new cure. great jean, first APC purchase and so far very happy, the fit is awsome. However, how much do the new cure's stretch? fit at the moment is really good, albeit slightly tight. Want a bit of stretch but not too much around the waist.

13. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

However, how much do the new cure's stretch?
    As with all APCs: like crazy.

14. Mr_Mike

Mr_Mike Member

As with all APCs: like crazy.

ah, maybe should have tried the 33" too. Nevermind, hopefully won't stretch too much and better stock up on belts!

15. illd

illd Member