• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

imhotep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Yeah i exchanged em for 28s and while freakin tight, they are slowly loosening and i dont have to walk funny etc haha

BTW what boots are those?
smile.gif

those were some diesel boots that i had back then. nice looking but not the greatest quality for the price.

splattered

Reaction score
Ahh Diesel shoes never are, ive only had a couple pairs but they fell apart with a quickness.

xperii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xperii
So i ordered a pair. they shrink about .5 inches right? so if i have denimbar do the hemming and i want it to be a 32 inch inseam i should have them hem them to a 32.5? or will they shrink more? thanks.

they talked me out of hemming them before the wash, but they will only shrink like .5 inches in the wash right?

I mean according to the "extremist recipe" the jeans do no necessarily need to be soaked or washed before you start breaking them in correct? So if I want them to be 32" and not wear a cuff i could have them hemmed at a 32.5, wear them for a while and wash... er dryclean first?

splattered

Reaction score
Ok today is the day.... i received these sized down two sizes and HOLY FREAKIN HELL it is physically impossible to button these things... i cant even button the bottom button much less the top! They are 10x the quality jean than nudies are, thats for sure... they seem to fit ok everywhere else... maybe a little tight all over but they'll stretch? I seriously think i might need to size up one. mygod.

imhotep

Reaction score
Ok today is the day.... i received these sized down two sizes and HOLY FREAKIN HELL it is physically impossible to button these things... i cant even button the bottom button much less the top! They are 10x the quality jean than nudies are, thats for sure... they seem to fit ok everywhere else... maybe a little tight all over but they'll stretch? I seriously think i might need to size up one. mygod.

what size did you get? NS fits about 1.5 sizes larger than slim jim.

splattered

Reaction score
I got APC NS size 26, i'm a 30" waist.

For Nudies i got Slim Jim Dry Japans which run about .5+ larger than other SJs so i sized down to a 28 which were literally painful at first but managable now after about a week.

I really don't see how i would be able to break these things in if i can't even fasten them... which is frustrating because ive seen tons of pics of people that sized down only one instead of two and they are loose after a bit of wear.
censored.gif

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can't even button the bottom button, you need to size up. Yes, APCs stretch, but they're not spandex.

xperii

Reaction score
i dunno why you wanted to size down 4. you should have gotten a 27... unless you're going for superfuture fit.

imhotep

Reaction score
I got APC NS size 26, i'm a 30" waist.

For Nudies i got Slim Jim Dry Japans which run about .5+ larger than other SJs so i sized down to a 28 which were literally painful at first but managable now after about a week.

I really don't see how i would be able to break these things in if i can't even fasten them... which is frustrating because ive seen tons of pics of people that sized down only one instead of two and they are loose after a bit of wear.
censored.gif

i honestly think you would have fit a 27 in NS. i'm a 31 waist and had the 28's in indigo - couldnt have gone any smaller than that.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone wanna answer my questions now. lol
What's the question? They're sanforized, so they won't shrink much. Just hem them to what you want, wear them, and wash them when you need to. I don't get why people stress out over half an inch of inseam (if even that).

splattered

Reaction score
i dunno why you wanted to size down 4. you should have gotten a 27... unless you're going for superfuture fit.

Members of this board told me to size down 4, and the pics ive seen of people only sizing down 3 appear to be loose after a bit of wear... i'd still like them to be somewhat tight after some wear, not all stretched out.

I broke out my tape measure and they are exactly 27 on the dot, not 28... so that's why they won't even come close to buttoning.

If you check out what they list here, its off an inch... and now i have to pay for return shipping to exchange for a size up?

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6

Arghh i just need a pair that actually measure 28 at first.

stupidkid

Reaction score
I have a pair of Rescues that I have had for about a year. This was my first serious pair of jeans and they have been awesome.

If I wanted to switch over to the New Standards, what is the fit difference going to be/would my size change?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads