A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

if i like the fit of levis 511s would you say the new cures fit almost the same or skinnier?
    Much skinnier. I would go for NS sized down a lot, or PS sized down not as much.

2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

if i like the fit of levis 511s would you say the new cures fit almost the same or skinnier?

511s have the rise of a P.S but they fit more like a sized down N.S. New Cures are more like the 510 with a slight flare at the ankle.

3. maritimetimetime

maritimetimetime Well-Known Member

so petit standards are the way to go then for something similar? whats the sizing like for them?

4. modernART

modernART Active Member

I bought a pair of size 32 NS and hated it. too baggy and not tapered enough. I tried on a pair of used and washed size 30 NS and it fit better, but again, not tapered enough. What do you guys recommend?

i am 5'10", 170 lbs, size medium t-shirts, and can fit between a 33 and 34 and want this type of look:

in this picture, i am wearing size 33 levis 511, sagging too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

^ps

I'm a 33, went with a 31 in ps. I kind of wish I would have gotten a 30, but I think that would fit the bill for you

6. modernART

modernART Active Member

^Thanks. would a 31 PS also provide good stacks?

7. hypostatic

hypostatic Well-Known Member

8. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

^^

I bought that same two pocket cardigan in black two days ago. Typical APC upper (boxy) fit so would size down for a slimmer fit.

9. ConcernedParent

^Thanks. would a 31 PS also provide good stacks?

34 inseam is a perfect length for stacks.

10. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I just picked up some APC NS in a 28 (I'm a 30 normally) and the top button was a bit hard to button, but I can function in these. The waistband itself sits a bit off my stoamch/hips. Is there a simple rule on what the effects of cold soaking, hot soaking and the first wash are?

I dig the color and don't want the jeans to fade as a whole much, but I do want the fading from my wallet, joints, etc. I don't plan on wearing them more than once a week.

11. ConcernedParent

I just picked up some APC NS in a 28 (I'm a 30 normally) and the top button was a bit hard to button, but I can function in these. Is there a simple rule on what the effects of cold soaking and the first wash are?

I dig the color and don't want the jeans to fade as a whole much, but I do want the fading from my wallet, joints, etc. I don't plan on wearing them more than once a week.

Expect fades after 10 years with that kind of schedule.

Cold soaking does nothing really; releases some starch and the jean looses a bit of it's sheen. Actually, neither does anything but that unless you have some fades going already.

12. imhotep

imhotep Senior member

Ok i got the nudie slim jim dry japs in the mail... i think they look like ass on me. I'm too skinny haha and they didnt wanna stack right... i kept pushin em down they kept risin back up. Dunno how to roll my jeans properly i just cuffed em up once... im a 32 inseam and these are 34 and my shoes are horrid but all my others are black or dark blue n just as an example i'll post a few pics in my ill fitting jeans and horrid shoes that show the ill fitting jeans better. ha. If i go with APCs... is there hope for me? Or should i stay w a slight bootcut in other brands? Maybe these and APC etc would look ok after being hemmed? Blah i dunno. Theyre a 29 which fit like a tight 30, i think if i DID keep these i'd need to size down to a 28, so APC NS would need to be a 27 if they fit like these 29... if the cut even works on me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...S/SJDJC_03.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...S/SJDJS_07.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...S/SJDJC_01.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...S/SJDJC_04.jpg Etc etc blah blah
    They will stack okay eventually if you give them some time. slim jim's in dry greycast in a poor quality picture: [​IMG]

13. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

I just picked up some APC NS in a 28 (I'm a 30 normally) and the top button was a bit hard to button, but I can function in these. Is there a simple rule on what the effects of cold soaking and the first wash are?
    Not really. Water contact will get rid of some starch, which is what gives new raw jeans the crispness that allows them to form defined creases and such, so most people will hold off on it for as long as possible. That said, if you get them dirty or just feel they need to be washed at some point, by all means do so.
    To minimize indigo loss and overall fading when washing them, turn them inside out, use Woolite Dark (or no detergent at all), and keep agitation to a minimum (use a low-speed setting if it's available). If you want contrast fading (and it sounds like you do), wash them as little as possible. With that kind of schedule, though, it'll take a while to see any fading at all.

14. xperii

xperii Active Member

So i ordered a pair. they shrink about .5 inches right? so if i have denimbar do the hemming and i want it to be a 32 inch inseam i should have them hem them to a 32.5? or will they shrink more? thanks.

15. splattered

splattered Senior member

They will stack okay eventually if you give them some time. slim jim's in dry greycast in a poor quality picture:

[​IMG]

Yeah i exchanged em for 28s and while freakin tight, they are slowly loosening and i dont have to walk funny etc haha

BTW what boots are those? [​IMG]