A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. dispora

dispora Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Too tight? A little too tall for New Cures but i can rock em all the same.

2. velomane

velomane Senior member

Is there a definitive post regarding the sizing of APC vs Naked&Famous (or other brands for that matter)? I can't seem to find it.

3. splattered

splattered Senior member

G-g-g-goddamn.

I just tried on the nudies SJDJ i sized down to a 28 from a 29 and i had to suck in to button/zip them and they hug my legs like girl jeans... man i hope to hell these things stretch out to my true 30 waist eventually because i have a feeling this is exactly how the APC NS are gonna fit too! Yikes

These pair seem to be slightly sloppy in construction compared to the 29 too, have some seams pokin out on the legs n stuff... is that a sign i should exchange them now while i still can? haha its only a couple here n there...

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Looks good Dispora. If you like that tight look, those will be perfect. Although the saggy ass you might want to watch out for.

5. ayv26

ayv26 New Member

I obviously have no idea what my waist size is anymore. I measured myself to be a 38, but I've been wearing these 501s size 34 lately and they fit perfectly(most pants size 33/34 fit me fine). For a pair of APCs, would I size down one or stay where I am?

6. jaac

jaac Senior member

I've had NS's in 27 for a while now and their fine everywhere save the thighs, when i ride its pretty uncomfortable and kinda fucks up my "cycling form" if you know what i mean. Is there a good way to stretch the thighs specifically. Soak the thighs and do some squats in them or something?

7. Jimbo26

Jimbo26 Member

I was about to ask the same question about stretching in the thighs.

8. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Got my rescues in the mail today. First pair of raw/selvedge denim. Sized down 4. Super tight to put on, middle buttons were harder than the top cause my ass and thighs are relatively larger than my waist. Dig the look and feel of them. They have already stretched a little bit from walking around the house in them. Will need to have them hemmed 8-9 inches though - should I soak these before hemming?

9. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Got my rescues in the mail today. First pair of raw/selvedge denim. Sized down 4. Super tight to put on, middle buttons were harder than the top cause my ass and thighs are relatively larger than my waist. Dig the look and feel of them. They have already stretched a little bit from walking around the house in them. Will need to have them hemmed 8-9 inches though - should I soak these before hemming?

nah. no need really. i cold wash/hang dry mine and didnt notice any shrinkage

10. stephen.

stephen. New Member

My sz 29 Nudie Slim Jims fit me perfectly after a few wears, what size should I get for the APC Petit Standards? I know the APCs will stretch alot, but I think the PS are a slightly slimmer cut than the SJ's.

Thanks,

11. Aparke612

Aparke612 Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans and APC NS is just in my price range. I could just go to J crew and drop the same amount of money and get some selvedges which would be way easier for me because i live nowhere near anywhere that i could try on some APCs. convince me why I should go through the hassle to order APCs online and get them

12. ayemattyyy

ayemattyyy Active Member

does anyone know how the inside outs fit? If i wear a size 30 in jcrew classic fit chinos, and a 29 in earnest sewn fultons, what would be okay for the inside outs APC's? Are they vanity sized liek the rest of the APC line?
    Thanks!
    Matt

13. masterllama

masterllama Senior member

I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans and APC NS is just in my price range. I could just go to J crew and drop the same amount of money and get some selvedges which would be way easier for me because i live nowhere near anywhere that i could try on some APCs. convince me why I should go through the hassle to order APCs online and get them

no one is here to convince you of anything.

if you want to go out and waste your money on overpriced, lower quality jeans thats your problem and your money, not ours.

if you spend your own time researching and discovering, then you can make your own decisions.

no one cares how you waste your money.

14. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

pre-hem pics of apc ns size 29.. fixed pics.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. maritimetimetime

maritimetimetime Well-Known Member

if i like the fit of levis 511s would you say the new cures fit almost the same or skinnier?