A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

Question: I'm a 32" waist. What size in Rescue should I buy?

2. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

dmash keep us updated on how much your 28's stretch

3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Yeah.....I have a small waist and my legs reach 23" at the biggest part, I'm a personal trainer...

Damn homie those are wayyy to tight. My thighs are 24" at the largest point and my 30 NS fit perfect. I am 6'1 though, so I'm pretty long. How tall are you?

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Well the conclusion we came to in the Jean newbie thread was that the thighs in rescues are the EXACT same....then just less taper...so I think it would be pointless....alas....
    Not true. They're looser all the way through. No two cuts in APC fit "the exact same" anywhere (except for the waistband when new, I suppose).

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

Damn homie those are wayyy to tight. My thighs are 24" at the largest point and my 30 NS fit perfect. I am 6'1 though, so I'm pretty long. How tall are you?

I'm 5'11....I said screw it and picked up a pair of Flat Head SE05BSP's though...expecting MUCH better fit and quality.

6. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

^i would just size up on the NS...they'll stretch out

and u bought some BSPs? theyre gonna be much slimmer

and u live in tampa?

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

^i would just size up on the NS...they'll stretch out

and u bought some BSPs? theyre gonna be much slimmer

and u live in tampa?

I got a size 32 in BSP's and I've been speaking with Kiya and guys at Self Edge...I REALLY don't think their going to give me bad advice. I'll have almost TWO inches more room in the thigh....so don't think so.

but yeah bro, I go to USF. I'm in Panama City Beach right now though with my family. I share a 5 bedroom house with my buddies in New Tampa though when I'm in school down there again, which will be January.

8. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

im just saying the silhouette on a BSP might not be the best look on a frame like yours

but u didnt get a tiny size [32] so it might work...i plan on getting some flatheads too ..so i wanna see how they fit u

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

im just saying the silhouette on a BSP might not be the best look on a frame like yours

but u didnt get a tiny size [32] so it might work...i plan on getting some flatheads too ..so i wanna see how they fit u

No problem man, I'll be posting fit pics on Self Edge's thread as Kiya is going to tell me what he thinks.

10. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

^^ I think Rescues would suit you better

I second that. Rescues have far more room in the thighs. Just be sure to size down at least 2. They WILL stretch.

11. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

Here are some progress pics of my APC NS at just over 7 months of actual wear. As you can see they have stretched out a lot and I sized down 3 from my actual waist size. I have worn them pretty hard.

Should I soak/wash? I wouldn't mind them a bit tighter.

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/img0481.jpg/

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/img0485w.jpg/

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/img0487o.jpg/

Also could someone point me in the direction of how to post photos?

You have tiny thighs compared to me though bro. I have a 30" waist with now 23" thighs at their biggest part.

and for everybody saying rescues, I spoke to MULTIPLE shops who ALL said that the rescues measured almost the EXACT same in the thigh and it wouldn't make a difference.

13. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

You have tiny thighs compared to me though bro. I have a 30" waist with now 23" thighs at their biggest part.

and for everybody saying rescues, I spoke to MULTIPLE shops who ALL said that the rescues measured almost the EXACT same in the thigh and it wouldn't make a difference.

Congratulations on your enormous thighs :p Before I decided on my NS I first tried a pair of rescues. The main difference is that they are a straight cut. They don't taper at the knee like the NS. So they would be roomier in the lower thigh. But if your thighs are larger overall then it might not matter. This denim stretches a whole lot though...

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

Congratulations on your enormous thighs :p Before I decided on my NS I first tried a pair of rescues. The main difference is that they are a straight cut. They don't taper at the knee like the NS. So they would be roomier in the lower thigh. But if your thighs are larger overall then it might not matter. This denim stretches a whole lot though...

Don't know if your insinuating that I have fat legs, but ok lol. and yes exactly through the thigh their the same, the rescues just have less taper. Doesn't really start to around the knee though.

15. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Every shop you spoke to is wrong. Rescues are looser in the thighs.