A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Got a non-denim APC question: I've looked, but have yet to find, this shirt anywhere online. I have a local shop that stocks APC apparrel, so I'll ask them if they plan to get it but I've not seen it go up on their website yet. I'm curious if anyone's come across it online? Context seems to have the same shirt, but in a different (blue/red/white) colorway.

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/a...new_currency=1

Thanks for any tips!

2. Havo

Havo Member

all online stores seem to be sold out of PS, huh? I called the NY APC store and they even said they wont be getting them in for a few months.

have you check context? I see some PS there...

3. evencoil

evencoil Member

sorry to beat a dead (buried, probably reincarnated and killed again) horse...

i know, 2 sizes down from your waist size. So the denim I like is 32-33", so I'm looking at a 30 in NS.

But here's my confusion. APC are vanity sized AND they stretch. So a "size 30" APC measures approximately 32 in the waist (according to Tobi anyways). But then if it stretches like crazy, won't it end up being another inch or two more than that? Or is that Tobi measurement for the size they will be after they stretch?

4. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

sorry to beat a dead (buried, probably reincarnated and killed again) horse...

i know, 2 sizes down from your waist size. So the denim I like is 32-33", so I'm looking at a 30 in NS.

But here's my confusion. APC are vanity sized AND they stretch. So a "size 30" APC measures approximately 32 in the waist (according to Tobi anyways). But then if it stretches like crazy, won't it end up being another inch or two more than that? Or is that Tobi measurement for the size they will be after they stretch?

I know it is really confusing. It took me forever to decide on the right size APCs for me. For reference I usually wear 32s in most non raw denim. My actual waist size measured a couple of inches below my belly button is 35. I went for a size 30 NS. They were really tight in the beginning but stretch a ton. I would say that they have stretched a bit beyond my waist size but are not baggy.

At first they feel like a very slim straight cut. 6 months later they are a true straight fit. Be prepared for the transition. I hope this helps.

5. browe402

browe402 New Member

How do my jeans look on me? New Standards at one month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

sorry to beat a dead (buried, probably reincarnated and killed again) horse... i know, 2 sizes down from your waist size. So the denim I like is 32-33", so I'm looking at a 30 in NS. But here's my confusion. APC are vanity sized AND they stretch. So a "size 30" APC measures approximately 32 in the waist (according to Tobi anyways). But then if it stretches like crazy, won't it end up being another inch or two more than that? Or is that Tobi measurement for the size they will be after they stretch?
    You don't wear APC's right on the waist usually. I'm a 31 waist, my 29 NC's measure about 33 now and they fit just about perfectly.

7. modual

modual Senior member

Sizing really does depend on body type. I have a 30" waist measured around my navel. Yet where my jeans sit on my hips measures more like 33". I wear a tagged 30 in ns and love the fit which is comfortable off the bat and a regular straight leg fit. Imo sizing down only works for skinny people

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

have you check context? I see some PS there...

Context verified they'll be getting an APC restock from APC NA very soon. Just email them.

How do my jeans look on me? New Standards at one month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it just me, or do I see lots of that unusual 'fly-bulge' on APC? Mine do that too, around the third button. It's where the material naturally breaks when I'm sitting. I wear mine low-waisted, but this doesn't happen on any of my other denim.
    ^ Fit and length look really good.

9. evencoil

evencoil Member

You don't wear APC's right on the waist usually. I'm a 31 waist, my 29 NC's measure about 33 now and they fit just about perfectly.

Yeah I understand that. But I'm not talking about measuring my waist. I measured another pair of denim that is roughly similar in cut (Levis 514). The waist on those is 32-33".

Now start with a "size 30" NS

Add 2 for vanity sizing; so it should be 32" in the waist.

But then add stretching. So it becomes what? 33", 34"?

I don't see how all of this adds up unless the vanity sizing takes into account the stretching that will occur. This would mean that a "size 30" NS is really 30" in the waist when its new but will stretch to be 32" in the waist. Is that correct? Or is it what I wrote above?

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Yeah I understand that. But I'm not talking about measuring my waist. I measured another pair of denim that is roughly similar in cut (Levis 514). The waist on those is 32-33".

Now start with a "size 30" NS

Add 2 for vanity sizing; so it should be 32" in the waist.

But then add stretching. So it becomes what? 33", 34"?

I don't see how all of this adds up unless the vanity sizing takes into account the stretching that will occur. This would mean that a "size 30" NS is really 30" in the waist when its new but will stretch to be 32" in the waist. Is that correct? Or is it what I wrote above?

I'd say you have it pretty much right. Stretch factor is a big issue and probably more of a cause of sizing failure than getting jeans too tight.

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

majority would say no but i initially soaked my pair of rescues just because i hate that sheen and stiffness since the jeans tend to drape and break weird.

just a personal preference...

Freak.

12. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

13. b7ff

b7ff Well-Known Member

Guys, some newbie question here...

I usually wears Nudie Thin Finn size 30/32...

Since Ive already bought NC at size 27; so do you guys think it will fit??

14. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

15. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

I haven't tried Thin Finn's before, but I went down TWO sizes in New Cure and it sucked.