• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Lachy

Reaction score
Yeah, probably M is the way to go then. Where'd you find the pants, I might be interested?

Lachy

Reaction score
You are basically SOL. APC doesn't allow discounting of their denim online. And they never last till sale time. You could check the B&S for a pair in your size, they pop up now and again.

aceofspades923

Reaction score
That is not true. I remember a while ago when style4um was a code for 20% off at denimbar. Other discounts have popped up in the past also.

Does anyone know a discount that is active?

Lachy

Reaction score
And Denim Bar had to retract the discount on APCs. The company got it's back up about online retailers offering the discount. While retailers may offer a SFD, it will have restrictions and APC is one of them. There are occasional exceptions, though I don't know of any currently.

Sheershucker

Reaction score
I recently was turned on to a pair of Rescues, and I've found myself quite fond of them. I understand that I'm not supposed to wash them for a while, but to be honest I'm not really sure what to expect; what effects am I achieving/avoiding by not washing them for so long?
Also; today I opted (read: was sexually forced) into going out into the POURING rain to get some ice cream and managed to get my Rescuses really, really wet. What, if anything, will happen to them?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
facepalm.gif
. Fades.

robba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sheershucker
I recently was turned on to a pair of Rescues, and I've found myself quite fond of them. I understand that I'm not supposed to wash them for a while, but to be honest I'm not really sure what to expect; what effects am I achieving/avoiding by not washing them for so long?
Also; today I opted (read: was sexually forced) into going out into the POURING rain to get some ice cream and managed to get my Rescuses really, really wet. What, if anything, will happen to them?

^^ how the hell did you get here.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm after two items from FW.

The Navy Military Shirt Jacket in Teflon Coated Twill and the Grey Mohair Wool Crewneck.

JaPo

Reaction score
Do any APCs ever fit well on the arse? Most pictures show hideous sagging which ruins the otherwise sleek silhouette. Also - I find myself overwhelmed with this ridiculous sizing. Vanity sizing AND massive stretching? I like a very slim fit and would go for the New Cure if anything. I'd like a fit perhaps a bit looser than THIS. I normally buy size 32 trousers, which stretch to a little over 33" in the waist. I don't have particularly skinny thighs. LOLWUT size should I purchase in the New Cure/Cure to achieve a similar fit? or this:
IMG_0878.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only times I like NS is when it's mega sized down and stretched. They aren't going to last long like that though.

I sized down on my Edwin's and they haven't lasted long with rough wear.

chessman305

Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping you can give me some insight for my first pair of A.P.C.'s... I was leaning towards either the new cures in indigo or the new standards in indigo. I am 6 3', 195 and typically wear a 34 waist. What pair would you recommend, and, which size in that pair? Thanks

Tweezers18

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of new cures. I can button up a size 29 Grim Tim after a little bit of struggle when they're new, so going by context clothing's size charts, should I get a size 26 or 27 NC? A 27 would theoretically have the same waist in the beginning, so I'm thinking about getting a 26 to accommodate for stretching, but I'm worried that those will just be impossible to button in the beginning. Any ideas? Here are the size charts for reference: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=440 http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=29

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo
Do any APCs ever fit well on the arse? Most pictures show hideous sagging which ruins the otherwise sleek silhouette.

Also - I find myself overwhelmed with this ridiculous sizing. Vanity sizing AND massive stretching?

I like a very slim fit and would go for the New Cure if anything. I'd like a fit perhaps a bit looser than THIS.

I normally buy size 32 trousers, which stretch to a little over 33" in the waist. I don't have particularly skinny thighs.

LOLWUT size should I purchase in the New Cure/Cure to achieve a similar fit?

or this:
IMG_0878.jpg

judging by the first picture you quoted, the fit you want comes from the petit standard (i think that's the name of the picture that you linked to).

i have a pair of petit standards. i was thinking about the new cure, but trying them on in store, the size i was supposed to get (taking into account vanity sizing) was just way too tight for my liking. looked absolutely painted on, could see my junk, all that. i wanted a slim (almost skinny) fit, but that seemed a bit much (even though they stretch).

i went with a size 31 petit standard (usually wear a 33). these have stretched a bit, and i wish i would have got the 30, but i think you should give the petit standard a look. i think they're a bit underappreciated among the styles that apc puts out, but i think they give the look that most people here want (and without sizing down ridiculously like you have to do with the ns for basically the same look)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads