1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. BigRedBike

BigRedBike Active Member

Hey guys, does anyone own the Punk Coat? How do they fit?

I'm 6'2"/160lbs./broad shoulders/long arms/30 in waist. I like my clothes on the semi-fitted side (not super tight though), but because of my long arms and broad shoulders I usually have to go with larger cuts. I normally look for a 42L in jackets.

Do you guys think the Punk Coat in size "L" would work for me? Is it a good buy? I found one for $355

What size do you think the model wears on the APC site?

2. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

Big Red, that coat sounds like it would be pretty big in the chest area for a guy that is 6ft2 and 160, especially because you said you wanted a fitted fit.

Try it on if there's a store near you though.

3. BigRedBike

BigRedBike Active Member

Thanks for the reply fluery. I go to grad school about 4.5 hrs outside of NYC, and I'm pretty sure the SoHo store is sold out. You're probably right that the large is too big. I just happened to see one on the tres bien site and started wondering.

4. gao112

gao112 New Member

I'm unsure if I should get NS or PS. I really like the way that my 7 slimmys and capital E matchsticks fit. any advice?

5. Corbet

Corbet New Member

I'll be in NYC at the end of March - where should I go shopping for APC denim? Their store in SoHo? Barneys?

6. sosowhat

sosowhat Member

Where can I still find the APC Duffle coat ?

7. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

8. shortbreadluver

shortbreadluver Well-Known Member

There seems to be diverging opinions (and experiences) regarding shrinkage with APCs when washed.

Might it have anything to do with washing in cold vs. hot water? Or putting it in a dryer? I plan to get my APCs hemmed, and want to get any potential shrinkage out. Should I soak them in cold or hot water? Should I tumble dry them? Or would that affect the way the denim fades and breaks in? What temperature would 'hot' refer to? And how long should they be soaked for?

9. Mr_Mike

Mr_Mike Member

quick cleaning question...

... was out the other night and sliped over, and covered the bottom of the leg with a load of dirt which will not come out by brushing. they are about 2/3 months old and don't want to wash them. How should i clean them?

the shop assistant at Selfridges suggested that if you want to clean your APCs before 6 months then you should dry clean?! is this the best solution. He also suggested that they should be dry cleaned in any case before the first wash after 6 months. Opinions and advice please...

10. Noochie

Noochie Senior member

PC NS size 30 1 day old. My waist is 32-33". Perfect relaxed, slim look:

[​IMG]

11. Dethevn

Dethevn Active Member

I was thinking about buying a pair of APCs but I'm not sure I will be able to fit into any of the cuts due to my big thighs.

I'm a 32" waist with 21" thighs at the biggest point, would I be able to fit into any APC cuts?

edit: forgot to mention I'm 5'11" if it matters

12. click here

click here Senior member

I'm a 32" waist with 21" thighs at the biggest point, would I be able to fit into any APC cuts?

Try APC Rescues

13. Detour Clothing Store

Detour Clothing Store Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I was thinking about buying a pair of APCs but I'm not sure I will be able to fit into any of the cuts due to my big thighs.

We get a lot of "athletic" guys into the Rescue jean in the shop.
    If you want give the shop a call today or just email them and my bro would be happy to get you some measurements

14. BigRedBike

BigRedBike Active Member

Ok, so is APC really sold out of the new Spring/Summer '10 pea coat already? I thought the new line of clothes just went live, and they are already sold out?? Please tell me they will have more (of everything)

15. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Ok, so is APC really sold out of the new Spring/Summer '10 pea coat already? I thought the new line of clothes just went live, and they are already sold out?? Please tell me they will have more (of everything)
    Nothings been stocked yet, they're just up there for now to see.

16. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

quick cleaning question...

... was out the other night and sliped over, and covered the bottom of the leg with a load of dirt which will not come out by brushing. they are about 2/3 months old and don't want to wash them. How should i clean them?

the shop assistant at Selfridges suggested that if you want to clean your APCs before 6 months then you should dry clean?! is this the best solution. He also suggested that they should be dry cleaned in any case before the first wash after 6 months. Opinions and advice please...

In my experience, it's a good thing to dry clean before first real wash. First, any stains that wouldn't otherwise come out in a regular laundry cycle will likely be removed by the cleaning solvent. Second, it seems to lend a nice touch to the denim, makes it softer like.

17. kinch

kinch Well-Known Member

My body type is very similar to yours, I love my Rescues size 29.

18. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

We get a lot of "athletic" guys into the Rescue jean in the shop.
    If you want give the shop a call today or just email them and my bro would be happy to get you some measurements

Bought 29 PS's from you guys just now.

I await patiently [​IMG]

19. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

do the petit standard corduroy run small? i'm generally a 32 in jeans i'd like them to be reasonably tight. will the elastic cause them to stretch? sizing help appreciated!
    Also interested in an answer for this. I know to size down for normal APC jeans, including the petit standard, but not sure about sizing for the non-denim PS.
    I have PS black cords from SS09, size 29 but they measure 31'' or so. Hope this helps.

20. ranker

ranker Senior member

About to hem my APC NS jeans. Any recommendations on the length of how far to measure down/up? like til it hits the floor, til I get one break, til it hits the shoe, etc?