Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. jordansmith123

jordansmith123 Senior member

I am thinking about getting a pair of APC NS's and I was wondering what size I should get, I wear a 33 in a pair of levis I am wearing now. The waist is at 17-17.5 now, and they are a little (about an inch total bigger than I would like) What size do you think I should get the APC's in? Also where would be the cheapest place to get them either local in Toronto, or online (I have a place in the states I can get it shipped to). Thanks a lot.

Get a 30, i bought a tagged size 31 and after a couple of wears it felt and looked really baggy and stacked awkwardly. Just recently purchased a thirty so i hope it fits better. I usually wear a size 33 for levis, sometimes a 34 depending on the pants.

2. profoundhatred

profoundhatred New Member

i wear a 34 in nudies slim jim dry organic ecru embo. they fit me slim but not super tight. very comfy. i'd like to buy a pair of aps ns raw indigo but i am debating between size 32 and 33. advice would be appreciated.

3. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

4. Stavros

Stavros Senior member

Just got my first pair of APC NS, sz 31. My usual denim size is 32, which is on the slim side on me. Based on the fit you see below (after less than an hour of wear around the house), to what extend would you expect them to strech? I don't mind the waist streching, it's mostly the seat and the thighs that I would like to be fairly slim-fitting (but definitely not skin-tight). Also, how's the length looking? Should I hem them like pre-washed jeans (e.g. do they shrink significantly in length when washed)? I don't care much for stacking. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

I reckon you should size down again on those. Many people even size down three. I'm biased towards a slim fit but you've got to be weary of stretching. Those APCs are cruel bastards. Also, if I remember correctly, they will shrink when washed but only temporarily. The length looks fairly OK. The stacking would be less ugly if you sized down.

6. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Yeah, I'm a 32 in every off-the-rack, non-vanity-size pants (j.crew, etc.) and I went with a 30 for my APC NS. It was hard to breathe at first, but they stretched way out and are a perfect slim fit. The waist is now about 32.5, maybe even 33. I would go with the smallest size for which you can close the top button.

7. clarity

clarity Senior member

[​IMG]

new standard worn 2-3 times a week since about last april. I like my other jean fits better but these are the most comfy.

8. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Pretty unflattering.

9. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Those look terrible! Size down! Size down!

10. heynow

heynow Senior member

im sure this is in here, but im too lazy too read through 241 pages. Im going to get my NS hemmed now after about 10 times worn. What common hemming is done to these? do you recommend no breaks or stacks at all? just straight?

11. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Everyone has a different preference. Do whatever you think looks good.

12. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

[​IMG]

new standard worn 2-3 times a week since about last april. I like my other jean fits better but these are the most comfy.

quoted for amusement [​IMG]

13. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

quoted for amusement [​IMG]

That fit makes me nausous. [​IMG]

14. Stush

Stush New Member

I decided to add a pair of Rescues to my closet after enjoying my new standards for a few weeks now. I'm happy with the fit of my NS which I sized down 2 from my true measured waist size, but since the Rescues are a roomier cut I figured I would go down three to avoid them being too loose after stretching.

Anyway I am really confused because the Rescues arrived today and the waist feels the same if not looser than my NS which I've been wearing every day for weeks now. The denim also feels as though it's slightly more stretchy and "forgiving" right from the start. Is this difference in size and feel common in the Rescues or did I possibly get a mis-tagged pair (they seem like they are probably 30s rather than 29 as they are tagged)? I probably needed to size down four in these to get the same kind of fit in the waist that I have in my NS, and I am most definitely not someone who is inclined to wear super snug jeans. Gah.