1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ashy

ashy Active Member

EDIT: Sorry,double post.

2. Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee Senior member

Someone should give this guy a prize for posting this. Lastly,you mind helping me with the question I posted above?[​IMG]
    What's your question? I didn't see it. Seriously, if you call Stel's we will be happy to give you any info on any of our products (fit, durability, etc... )whether you buy it from us or not. So, don't hesitate to call with questions.

3. ashy

ashy Active Member

Hey guys,sorry but I have a second question on regards to APC PS sizing, this time on behalf of a friend:

I got the chance to try APC PS 28. It was too tight and painted on my tighs. Unfortunately, I didnt get the chance to try size 29 or 30. In this case, should I get size 29 or 30 for a slim, snug fit? (Considering how much APCs stetch.)

This one.[​IMG]

4. Stagger Lee

If you can't try them on and you really want to be safe I would get both and return one.

What is your waist size, usually?

5. ashy

ashy Active Member

The question is not from me,its on my friend's behalf.
    Anyway, I think he's a true size 31

6. Stagger Lee

If he's truly a 31, then a 30 should be ok. In general they stretch one size. Like i said, if he can buy both and return one, that would be the way to go.

7. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

Anyone have the APC duffle coat? I'm pretty seriously considering it since it's available online from a few places on sale.

I've found it for as low as $475-$535 from three places in my size. Opinions?

8. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm having a hard time deciding on what size new standards to buy. I wear a 31 in Diesel denim, but they are obviously vanity sized, as I measured them to be about 34. They've probably stretched some though. I measured where I wear my jeans, slightly above hips, and it measures a 33. My actual waist (way up where I would never wear pants, is a 32). I'm want sort of a traditional fitted look (desicribed as levi 501 fit in the OP). I'm thinking I should order APC's in 31 (2 sizes below the 33''). Sound right? Or should I be doing 2 sizes below the diesels and get a 29?

I didn't see an answer to this question (sorry if I missed it). How do they compare to Deisel jeans. I wear a 32 in diesel. What do I need to order in NS?

9. Stagger Lee

I didn't see an answer to this question (sorry if I missed it). How do they compare to Deisel jeans. I wear a 32 in diesel. What do I need to order in NS?
    You'll most likely need a 31.

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Funny, I thought in terms of "skinny-ness" NC>PS>NS

Always thought PS is simply a minimized version of NS?

Yes to all of the above.

Here are some basic descriptions of fit for the APC denim cuts:

New Standard: Medium rise jean, slim, with a slight taper from knee down/ Generally size down one to two
    New Cure: Low rise jean, skinny, tapers all the way down/ generally size down one
    Petit Standard: Low rise jean, slim, straight leg/ Generally size down one
    Rescue: Higher rise jean, fuller cut, straight leg/ Generally size down two

And remember, just for some shameless self promotion, we have a pretty good stock of them on line at Stel's right now.

New Cure tapers from waist til the lower calf, then it flares to its knee measurement. The PS has more of a real taper in this regard.

11. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Your avatar is gross dude.

12. madd_haups

madd_haups Member

It's funny this question came up. I wear a 33 in diesel. I was trying on NS today at Stel's and bought a 32 (one size down). I could get the 31 on and they were ok just a little too tight for my liking. Go with one size down if you want to keep the same look. I'm wearing them right now and couldn't be happier.

13. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

Anyone have the APC duffle coat? I'm pretty seriously considering it since it's available online from a few places on sale.

I would've bought one already had I found one in XS. [​IMG]

14. racknac

racknac Senior member

I'm hoping my New Cures will stretch out at the bottom... bought 1 size down, but don't see how they will stretch if your legs aren't filling that part up...

15. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

I'm hoping my New Cures will stretch out at the bottom... bought 1 size down, but don't see how they will stretch if your legs aren't filling that part up...
    They won't.

16. racknac

racknac Senior member

They won't.

smashing.

17. loopy

loopy Member

I'm wearing NC in 30 at the moment (sized down two), and I was thinking about picking up a pair of black NS in the future, for occasions where the fit of the NC might not be appropriate. I'm a bit confused about sizing though, since I was borderline deciding between 30/31 for the Cures. If I want a slim fit that can do double duty both dressed up and down, should I go for a 29, 30, or 31 with the NS?

18. racknac

racknac Senior member

I'm wearing NC in 30 at the moment (sized down two), and I was thinking about picking up a pair of black NS in the future, for occasions where the fit of the NC might not be appropriate. I'm a bit confused about sizing though, since I was borderline deciding between 30/31 for the Cures. If I want a slim fit that can do double duty both dressed up and down, should I go for a 29, 30, or 31 with the NS?

Whats occasions would the NC fit not be appropriate?

19. dznqbit

dznqbit Active Member

I recently bought one and I fuckin love it. Lining is very smooth rayon. Big fat hood. Breast pocket (although there's only one, I wish there were two). Slim cut yet big enough to accommodate a jacket / sweater. Will be in my wardrobe until I grow fat [​IMG]

20. Stagger Lee

The bottom will not stretch. They will only stretch where there is pressure. If you want more of a straight leg skinny, go with the Petite Standard.