A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Anything that feels tight is going to stretch, because you're putting pressure on it.

2. clarity

clarity Senior member

Just got my petit standards....

question about APC denim stretching. does it stretch in the seat as well? I sized down 2, and the waist is pretty good right now in terms of being snug, but not ball-busting. The seat is fairly tight though, where it makes it tough to pull the jeans up when I'm putting them on. I hope this is not a permanent condition. I've heard of the waist stretching, and the thighs, so I'm assuming the seat/ass area is no different?

That is normal, they will relax after a week or so of wear.

3. migel

migel Active Member

New Cures. Been wearing them for about two weeks now. This pic is from day 1.. [​IMG]

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

New Cures. Been wearing them for about two weeks now. This pic is from day 1..

[​IMG]

Did you buy those true to size?

5. escarole

escarole Senior member

i just put my new standards in the washing machine on cold, inside out, no detergent. did i ruin them forever?

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^^Erm, no. How would you ruin them forever? Did you put acid and bleach in there too?

7. migel

migel Active Member

ConcernedParent- No I bought them in a size 30 and my true waist is a 32. In hindsight I probably could have sized down to a 29. They're beginning to develop a bit of hip flare. *Sigh*

8. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'm giving up on my New Standards. I've been wearing them on and off since August and they have yet to stretch. If anything they've shrunk.

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I'm giving up on my New Standards. I've been wearing them on and off since August and they have yet to stretch. If anything they've shrunk.

What, are you hotsoaking every week or something? There's no way they could be shrinking.

ConcernedParent- No I bought them in a size 30 and my true waist is a 32. In hindsight I probably could have sized down to a 29. They're beginning to develop a bit of hip flare. *Sigh*

Thats essentially true to size by APC's wacky vanity standards. Yeah I bought mine in the same way (31 waist, bought them in 29s), but yours fit really good day one (not too tight, but just enough taper); mine were unbuttonable and skintight everywhere.

10. Bsides

Bsides Member

I sized down to a 30 and im usually a 32 or 33. my NS fit like a dream. I can wear them without a belt, but it feels a bit loose. Ive never worn jeans sans belt, except for high rise white ones, so maybe thats it,

11. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

anyone been to the outlet store outside of tokyo? is it worth the trip to get out there?

12. track309

track309 Senior member

Maybe you've gained weight.

13. track309

track309 Senior member

Maybe you've gained weight?[​IMG]

14. garmis

garmis Senior member

Yes this seems highly unlikely. I received my NS in 32 from Mauro one week ago. Wayyyyyy too tight when I got them, I have slept in them/worn them everyday since and now they are already looking FABULOUS. Many compliments already.

15. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Face it: you got fat. The truth hurts.