A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

Lax if you like to slouch your pants, then after the waist stretches out 3 inches (it will), you can slouch them and the thighs will not be that tight anymore since it'll be sitting lower. It could turn out pretty good.

2. lax12

lax12 Member

Lax if you like to slouch your pants, then after the waist stretches out 3 inches (it will), you can slouch them and the thighs will not be that tight anymore since it'll be sitting lower. It could turn out pretty good.

I've never really done that which is why I'm worried about the waist stretching. Maybe I'm better off with something different then.

3. grmanny

grmanny Member

Hi Guys, I'm looking to buy a pair of raw NS. First pair of raw denim ever so yeah. My official waist size is 33.5 so should I get a 33 or 32? I want them slim, but not tight, and I do have a larger butt if that matters. Thanks for the input.

4. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

Hi Guys, I'm looking to buy a pair of raw NS. First pair of raw denim ever so yeah. My official waist size is 33.5 so should I get a 33 or 32? I want them slim, but not tight, and I do have a larger butt if that matters. Thanks for the input.

fwiw, i have a measured waist of 33.75 inches, and I went with a 31 in the petit standard (i usually wear a 33 in jeans). They have already stretched. I could have gone down more in the store, but I felt pretty good about that size. I definitely feel like a 33 would be too baggy to be "slim", and over time, even a 32 would be too big. try to see if you can get into a 31 and see how you feel about it, keeping in mind IT WILL stretch. i think those will stretch to what you want them to be.

5. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

[​IMG]

My APCs.

6. MeowMeow

MeowMeow Well-Known Member

Inseam Shrinkage: How much do APC's shrink in the inseam after THE FIRST COLD SOAK?

7. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

8. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

anyone here soak their APCs before wearing to get the excessive starch out?

9. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

anyone here soak their APCs before wearing to get the excessive starch out?

No that would hurt their tendency for stacking/honeycombs/whiskering which is my favorite part of wearing a tighter cut like N.S.

10. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

has anyone seen/tried on that APC narrow jean jacket from this season's collection?

11. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Just guessing from their recent sizing I'd gues a small would fit a 37-38 decently. Fairly narrow in the shoulders (as the name would imply). I don't really like the bigger collar of the jacket, otherwise it's alright.

12. escarole

escarole Senior member

i have a ton of dark blue jeans, and while my new standards are still my faves, at this point i'd like to fade them out so that they're a nice pale blue. but i don't want them to lose their character and end up looking like a pair of wranglers from wal mart. i have done the old cold soak/hang dry routine a few times and did a cold spin cycle w/ no detergent. should i really beat those fuckers up like by doing the iditerod or something or is there a shortcut i can take?

13. mistewacko

mistewacko Senior member

has anyone seen/tried on that APC narrow jean jacket from this season's collection?

i've done both...fairly slim on the sides and high armholes. definitely size up or at least try both sizes.

14. Stush

Stush New Member

I got my first pair of new standards last week and I'm wondering how long before the creases down the sides should start disappearing with regular wear? I've been wearing them every day for ~5 days now and I can still see the creases when I take them off. I guess I'm just afraid that when I do finally soak them the creases will show.

15. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

are these the s/s 08 grey new cures?

[​IMG]