A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Quick APC question:
    I bought a pair of size 30 Rescues about 3 weeks ago. Now Im a size 32 normally, but im fairly muscular and figured going down only 2 sizes with the looser rescues would be good. However, the thighs are still much too tight looking. The waist has stretched nicely, and fits perfectly. But my rather large thighs are almost laughable in these pants. Any suggestions? Will the thighs continue to expand? Or should I give up?

2. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

Isn't there an APC store in LA?

yes and its closer to the west side then american rag on la brea.

3. lax12

lax12 Member

So I just bought a pair of New Standards in size 33. I'm usually a 36 waist so I figured that given the vanity sizing a 33 would be sizing down 1. Some pics: Front: [​IMG] Side: [​IMG] My initial concern is that the thighs are skin tight, as are the calves right below the knees (I haven't measured recently but I think I've got 26.5" thighs, 17.5" calves) Now, I've read through the thread pretty extensively and there doesn't really seem to be a consensus on whether or not the thighs stretch out a whole lot. Going on the pictures do you think this is the right initial fit? The waist concerns me as well; when I sit down they start creeping down my ass which is annoying to say the least. I've read that the waists on APC jeans stretch a whole hell of a lot. I tried 32s as well but those are extremely uncomfortable on my legs. I've looked into the Rescues but the thigh measurements as per contextclothing.com and the only measurements that are different are the rise and leg opening. Would it be worth it to try these on anyway or should I start looking for a different brand of jean entirely? Thanks in advance for your input! P.S. - please pardon the background mess...I've just started packing so I can bust out ASAP post-graduation. [​IMG]

4. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

I'd go with a size bigger since it looks like you may bust out the crotch in a few months with all that pulling.

5. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

Those look painful, I would go up a size or if you want a slimmer cut go with New Cures.

6. Bsides

Bsides Member

How tall are you? I've got big thighs too. I only sized down 2. Im usually a 32 so I went with a 30. Its been maybe 2 weeks and they are getting to be pretty comfortable. I think sizing down 3 is a bit overkill for people with big thighs. I can see it if you have stick legs, but if you got some muscle there to hold your pants up anyway, Id say size up.

7. lax12

lax12 Member

I'd go with a size bigger since it looks like you may bust out the crotch in a few months with all that pulling.
    Do you think the waist will stretch out? I don't have a problem with wearing a belt but I definitely don't want it being too big.
    Those look painful, I would go up a size or if you want a slimmer cut go with New Cures.
    Hah they were pretty painful. I don't think the New Cures would look great given the size of my legs but they might be worth a try.
    How tall are you? I've got big thighs too. I only sized down 2. Im usually a 32 so I went with a 30. Its been maybe 2 weeks and they are getting to be pretty comfortable. I think sizing down 3 is a bit overkill for people with big thighs. I can see it if you have stick legs, but if you got some muscle there to hold your pants up anyway, Id say size up.
    A hair under 6'2". Did I end up sizing down 3? I thought I had it figured out but with the all the vanity sizing talk I must've gotten confused. I think my best option is to return these and order a pair of 34 New Standards and a pair of 34 Rescues provided the waist won't stretch out. If Rescues don't fit, do you guys have any recommendations for guy like me with big~ish legs? Rescues seem to be a popular choice that category based on my browsing.

8. qianwen

qianwen Active Member

I think I actually prefer the look of dark denim to faded. To keep the dark color and prevent a lot of fading, should I just wash them early or do I need to add something to the wash (e.g. Woolite Dark)?

9. cristeza

cristeza Senior member

^^ Buy a different jean. APC's will fade like a mother. Try Kicking Mule Workshop's or Ironheart's.

Lax, the thighs will stretch, but not for a while. I would size up one, or better yet go with the rescues. Just wear a belt when they stretch.

10. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^^ Buy a different jean. APC's will fade like a mother. Try Kicking Mule Workshop's or Ironheart's.
    Better yet, buy dark wash denim instead. Raw denim is meant to fade.

11. cristeza

cristeza Senior member

Dark wash denim for the most part still looks faded compared to raw denim. One wash will still fade.

12. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

@lax12
    no need for the new cures. you've got chunky thighs like me. just size up one more and you'll be good.

13. lax12

lax12 Member

So y'all think a 33 or 34 in Rescues? If the thigh is tight in the NS should I size up for a Rescue or will the Rescue provide a lot more room in the same size...

14. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Rescues are a lot roomier than NS. Size up one in NS or go for the same size in Rescues, imo.

15. lax12

lax12 Member

^ Rescues are a lot roomier than NS. Size up one in NS or go for the same size in Rescues, imo.

Awesome, appreciate the quick response!