A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. qianwen

qianwen Active Member

I just picked up NS, 29x34 and am thinking of hemming them (I usually wear length 31 or 32 jeans). Should I soak these before I hem them? I've heard that they're sanforized so don't shrink, whereas others have recommended soaking in cold water and then hemming an inch below where you'd want them (in which case I might as well just not hem them).

2. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ No need to soak, they won't shrink much. I would wear them for a week or so before hemming, though, as you'll lose a bit of length as the creases set.

3. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

I bought a pair of NS in 32 several years back. The waist stretched out severely to the point where i must wear a belt to keep them up. Since then my notions of slim denim has changed, so this time around i opted for a pair of NC. I purchased the cures in 31 assuming this was the same waist as my previous APCs. I have worn them about 5 times now for 8 hour work days and the waist is still rather uncomfortable.

How long do these take to reach the peak of their stretchoutedness?

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

If you wear them like that, give it about 3 or so weeks they'll be pretty comfortable... They will continue to stretch a little more past that too.

5. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

Obviously the waist will stretch, but will the thighs as well? I dont remember the point at which my NS became TOO stretched out.

So you think 15, 8 hour wears gets them to the fully stretched out point?

6. ConcernedParent

No, but they'll be atleast noticeably more comfortable. There really isn't any "peak" point of stretching... but getting to the point where they aren't crushing your balls is a good start.

From my experience the NCs don't stretch much in the thighs... it went from skintight to maybe .5" of room.

7. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

I suppose its better than nothing. I know for some people breaking these in is part of the fun...not I.

New standards were too baggy and these seem too tight. My most perfect fitting jeans are my Capital E in maroon. Yet when i went to get the same Jean in a raw denim it fit totally different so i decided to stick with the APC brand.

8. jpo

jpo Senior member

PC in L.A.? Is there anywhere in Santa Monica that carries APC? I'm looking for some New Standards, and will be in Santa Monica for a night. Can any LA people point me in the right direction?

9. nicotenesilverscreen

nicotenesilverscreen Active Member

If I generally wear a 27 in most makes and this best matches my real size (though sometimes a 28 will be good aswell), and I was looking to buy a pair of new cures, what size should I opt for?
    I wear a 27 in levis 501 dry for example.
    Iwas thinking a 26 but Im not sure, because everyone is telling about the stretching, while others are saying its not that necesary to go down to a 25. Would the 26 be fine?
    Im very thin and I hate it because I really cant find anything tht fits right. Im hopeing the new cures will be them.

Should I go for a 25 instead or will it not stretch that much? Everyone is saying differnt things...just wanted to be clear before I went ahead.

or maybe i should just wait till i have a chance to try some on?

10. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

11. onion

onion Senior member

Anyway, the black New Standards are dry, but not selvedge (while the indigo NS are both). APC black denim stretches a little less than their indigo, but unless you size down a lot and need maximum stretch, it shouldn't make enough of a difference to size differently. Go with the same size you wear in indigo NS.
    Actually the black New Standards ARE selvage, they just don't use the selvage line at the out seam like on the indigo.

12. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Er, where'd you hear that? Maybe you're thinking of the New Cure? If it were selvedge, I don't understand why they wouldn't retain the selvedge line, as it's the same cut as indigo NS (the cut being the reason it isn't retained on NC).

13. ConcernedParent

APC in L.A.? Is there anywhere in Santa Monica that carries APC? I'm looking for some New Standards, and will be in Santa Monica for a night. Can any LA people point me in the right direction?

American Rag in La Brea.

14. Junksen

Junksen Member

^ Er, where'd you hear that? Maybe you're thinking of the New Cure? If it were selvedge, I don't understand why they wouldn't retain the selvedge line, as it's the same cut as indigo NS (the cut being the reason it isn't retained on NC).

nah d00d, the Black NS's are made from selvedge, but they do not ahve the selvedge line, for some reason the black ones don't have one

15. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior member

American Rag in La Brea.

Isn't there an APC store in LA?