A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

You could always email some of the guys at www.thedenimbar.net I'd be curious on the measurements if you ever get them as i don't have much experience with old cures and the faded black color looks nice. Post back when you get them.

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Anybody got measurements for a brand new size 34 and size 36 standards and new standards?

I'm trying to figure out if I can get my butt into them - I'm about 36 in waist, 38 around the hipbone, and bigger in the butt - 42 to maybe 43. Thanks to a lifetime of doing squats.

I would go to denimbar if I could, but right now I have a moratorium on visiting stores until after finals and would like the jeans sooner.

3. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

Anybody got measurements for a brand new size 34 and size 36 standards and new standards?

I'm trying to figure out if I can get my butt into them - I'm about 36 in waist, 38 around the hipbone, and bigger in the butt - 42 to maybe 43. Thanks to a lifetime of doing squats.

I would go to denimbar if I could, but right now I have a moratorium on visiting stores until after finals and would like the jeans sooner.

I don't but i'm dying for some fried snickers from that place on king street.

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I don't but i'm dying for some fried snickers from that place on king street.

Eamonn's? I haven't tried the fried snickers yet, have been there twice for the cod. Fried deserts, while tasty, sound like a recipe for a heart attack in my 40's....

5. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

Is it normal for the jeans to be supertight? I was at Stel's the other day and the lady told me to try a size 27. I swear the pants fit me like a pair of gloves. It was supertight and she said it'll be fine because the denim will stretch in days if I wear it for a long period of time. Is this true? The pair of jeans was so tight that I couldn't sit without feeling some resistance and the area near my crotch is really tight.

Can someone answer my questions that are posted above? I still haven't bought the NS due to the fact that the Denimbar ran out of 27s at the time I posted that question. I see that the size is now available on their website and I just want to make sure that I make the right purchase.

To reiterate what's going on. I normally wear size 29 for jeans and I believe my true waist size is either 28" or 29". I don't really remember off the top of my head. I just remember that the 27s was extremely tight. Would the NS in 27" eventually stretch to the point where it'll be comfortable to wear? The crotch area is especially important for me!

6. changnyo

changnyo New Member

i bought a 26 ns from denimbar, and they stretch a lot. they went from being pretty tight to being pretty comfortable in a few wears, and now im even starting this think if i should have got a 25 instead.

nobody is kidding when they say apc denim stretches a lot.

7. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

i bought a 26 ns from denimbar, and they stretch a lot. they went from being pretty tight to being pretty comfortable in a few wears, and now im even starting this think if i should have got a 25 instead.

nobody is kidding when they say apc denim stretches a lot.

What size do you usually wear for your jeans? What is your true waist size?

8. chronoaug

Yes. The NS would not only stretch to the point they would be comfortable, they would stretch to the point where they'd be slightly loose on you. Trust the people on the board when they say they will stretch a lot. Not all brands stretch to this extreme but for some reason APC does. Plenty of people have bought APCs to the point where they couldn't even button them up at first, and they stretched to the point where they had to wear a belt. They will stretch. A fair amount of people have sized down 3 with no problem after stretch. Look at the millions and millions of pictures of people wearing them if you search past waywn posts here and on superfuture and you'll see what they look like after stretching because almost everyone, except for a few people who want them to be relaxed fit, size down 2 and they stretch out plenty. Trust the people here.

9. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

Yes. The NS would not only stretch to the point they would be comfortable, they would stretch to the point where they'd be slightly loose on you. Trust the people on the board when they say they will stretch a lot. Not all brands stretch to this extreme but for some reason APC does. Plenty of people have bought APCs to the point where they couldn't even button them up at first, and they stretched to the point where they had to wear a belt. They will stretch. A fair amount of people have sized down 3 with no problem after stretch. Look at the millions and millions of pictures of people wearing them if you search past waywn posts here and on superfuture and you'll see what they look like after stretching because almost everyone, except for a few people who want them to be relaxed fit, size down 2 and they stretch out plenty. Trust the people here.

So what do you think? Should I go down 3 sizes then? I had quite a bit of difficulty putting on the 27 and I can imagine the 26 being even hard to put on. I'm not saying you guys are lying or anything. While I was at Stel's, the lady didn't have any size 26s to let me try and she thought the 27 looked good. I guess it's now either the 26 or 27.

10. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

So what do you think? Should I go down 3 sizes then? I had quite a bit of difficulty putting on the 27 and I can imagine the 26 being even hard to put on. I'm not saying you guys are lying or anything. While I was at Stel's, the lady didn't have any size 26s to let me try and she thought the 27 looked good. I guess it's now either the 26 or 27.
    I would definitely go down 3... I did and now even under the button fly where all seams meet it's getting kinda baggy.

11. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

^^ anyone have pics of them wearing 3 down? are the thighs still super tight or do you like them sidneylo/cultpop tight

12. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

^^ anyone have pics of them wearing 3 down? are the thighs still super tight or do you like them sidneylo/cultpop tight

I dont have any pics but i can tell you that i can probably pinch .75 inches of fabric so about 23.5 inches on my 22 inch thighs. What bugs me is inbetween the legs where the seams meet.. i dont like how it all rubs together like a denim love fest

13. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

I would definitely go down 3... I did and now even under the button fly where all seams meet it's getting kinda baggy.

Now that everything is stretched out, are there still any tightness around your legs especially in your crotch area? I'm just afraid that even after it stretched out, it'll still be skin tight.

14. chronoaug

That's not true. After they stretch out they won't be skin tight. They stretch man. APC NS ARE NOT TIGHT SKINNY JEANS. People need to realize this. Too many people looking for a normal slim look are afraid because they don't believe the stretching and too many people looking for skinny jeans don't understand they they stretch too much to be skinny and they just need to go with new cures. You don't really need to size down 3. Sizing down 2 should be fine but don't expect skinny jeans. Expect relatively slim jeans. Even if you size down 3 they still won't be skinny jeans. I've never seen APC NS as skinny skin tight jeans after stretch.

15. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

That's not true. After they stretch out they won't be skin tight. They stretch man. APC NS ARE NOT TIGHT SKINNY JEANS. People need to realize this. Too many people looking for a normal slim look are afraid because they don't believe the stretching and too many people looking for skinny jeans don't understand they they stretch too much to be skinny and they just need to go with new cures. You don't really need to size down 3. Sizing down 2 should be fine but don't expect skinny jeans. Expect relatively slim jeans. Even if you size down 3 they still won't be skinny jeans. I've never seen APC NS as skinny skin tight jeans after stretch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want skinny jeans! From what I hear, I'm just trying to avoid getting the wrong size and eventually forced to use a belt to secure the jeans on me.