Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Have you learned nothing? Contact with water triggers a jean's No-Fade Mode, which immediately and irreversibly locks its remaining indigo in place for all eternity.

As for shrinking, a soak will do that, but it'll just stretch back out with wear.

2. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

^ Have you learned nothing? Contact with water triggers a jean's No-Fade Mode, which immediately and irreversibly locks its remaining indigo in place for all eternity.

As for shrinking, a soak will do that, but it'll just stretch back out with wear.

Right, but then how does the shrink to fit type denim fade after soaking? I've seen Levi STF's that have been washed to get the shrinkage out and they still have plenty of fades after alot of wear?

3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Right, but then how does the shrink to fit type denim fade after soaking? I've seen Levi STF's that have been washed to get the shrinkage out and they still have plenty of fades after alot of wear?

He was being sarcastic. You can still get fades after washing, haha.

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

...are you serious? I was being sarcastic. It's dye in fabric, not magical water-activated pixie dust. If you wear it, it will lose indigo and fade, period. People need to chill the fuck out about washing.

5. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

...are you serious? I was being sarcastic. It's dye in fabric, not magical water-activated pixie dust. If you wear it, it will lose indigo and fade, period. People need to chill the fuck out about washing.

Haha, you gus are killing me. I thought you were being serious. Well, guess i might as well soak em and keep wearing em then. Thanks for the help.

6. arsoisaen

arsoisaen Active Member

if i wanted to hem my apc rescue's are there any special instructions i should give the tailor?

7. Tim_Whatley

Tim_Whatley Senior member

will NS bleed onto white chucks?
    also, I wear a 34, so I think I'm going to grab 33s, will they be markedly shorter than 34s?
    Finally, will rolling the cuffs every now and again (mainly around home when i'm not wearing shoes so I don't step on the heals) produce a fade that wraps around the ankle of the jean?

thanks for helping this noob.

8. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

^^ Didn't under the other questions, but yes they will bleed a little onto the chucks. Any raw jean will.
    I know shooting a gun like that isn't smart. It's more of a dumb/reckless way to shoot for fun/entertainment/pretend you're a badass for a few seconds. Thanks on the comments on the jeans. Some times when you hear people making jest (even though I know they are plebs), you question if the fit is right.
    For some reason or another they are just cut like that. My NC are like that to a certain extent; it has nothing to do with the starch, it's been 5 months everyday hard wear and the shape still remains the saem.

9. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior member

^ Have you learned nothing? Contact with water triggers a jean's No-Fade Mode

word. he speaks the truth.

10. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

suggestion that will prob apply to half the new guys looking in there:
    Do not buy APCs. spend a little bit more for higher quality jeans and you'll prob be happier. [​IMG]

11. FashionIQ

FashionIQ Senior member

But there's nothing wrong with APC's. They are great for fade whores and like anything else, if you buy the right size, they fit and look amazingly good.

12. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Agreed. I think the point to get across is that you should look at all the options available and decide for yourself. Buying Crate instead of APC just because someone on this forum told you to is no better than buying APC because someone on this forum told you to, imo. Do your homework and find out what fits your needs best for the amount you're willing to pay, and if the answer is APC (and it can be), so be it.

13. arsoisaen

arsoisaen Active Member

i just bought a slightly used pair of apcs. sized down 3 on rescues but it still is about half an inch to an inch too big (already stretched out). if i hot soak these will it shrink back down? and if it shrinks back down till it stretch to the same width again?

14. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ It will shrink a bit, but will stretch back out with wear.

15. hobageeba

hobageeba New Member

My favorite pair of jeans at the moment is a pair of black Levis 511's in a 30. If I'm looking for a similar fit in the New Standard, should I go 28 or 27? Would the New Cure be a better option? Although, I'd like the higher rise of the New Standard...hmm.