1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mis

mis Well-Known Member

I went 2 down from my SJ size

2. mass

mass Well-Known Member

unrelated question.

low rise/women's jean = cure?
    narrow/unisex = hipster?

or the other way around? or are they entirely different? and the anglais discontinued? i know the anglais is in la guy's top 10 list (although i could've swore there was a revised list somewhere... along with brian sd's list. maybe it got lost when the board went down)... and they're low rise, which is what i've been looking for (it makes me look taller. honest).

by the way does know any other good jeans other than apc or helmut lang that are 'plain' as in lack labels or pocket stitching? actually maybe i'll make a thread about it but i don't think there are many. i figure you're all tired of answering apc sizing questions anyways.

3. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

Wow I'm going crazy worrying about this sizing. I just ordered size 30 NS and I'm a true 33". I don't want a really skinny fit after they stretch, I want them kinda looser around the hips and thighs, but not baggy, you know? I don't have very slim thighs. Will they stretch out like that for me if I wear them long enough? I already have some tight Nudie Olas, and I want these a little looser, more like how the straight sven fits.

4. mis

mis Well-Known Member

Just wear them very hard. I could barely button 2 buttons and now theyre riding on my hip fully buttoned

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Wow I'm going crazy worrying about this sizing. I just ordered size 30 NS and I'm a true 33". I don't want a really skinny fit after they stretch, I want them kinda looser around the hips and thighs, but not baggy, you know? I don't have very slim thighs. Will they stretch out like that for me if I wear them long enough? I already have some tight Nudie Olas, and I want these a little looser, more like how the straight sven fits.

What size were your Bootcut Ola? If they were size 31, you should be fine. If they were size 32, the NS might be a bit tight on you.

6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

cgeezy, I'm a true 33 also, and I have 30 New Standards, which were, and are still pretty tight on me especially in the thighs (I'm sitting right now and there is not much room left to breathe.) Denimbar posted before and said that for looser, go 1 size down and I think that's probably what you want. If you do, wear a tight belt from day one, and they won't stretch out at the waist as much as people think.

7. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Jesus guys you start this thread after I go to NYC for the weekend and pick-up a pair of Rescues...I'm actually glad I went with a 32 because I couldn't physically fit into any smaller size and in any other cut. I originally couldn't climb stairs two-at-a-time like I normally do however they seem to be molding to my body nicely. How much expansion are we talking in the thighs anyways?

A.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

someone on superfuture said Cali's werent the way to go as Cali's fit similar to finns?

I'd agree with that. My finns and dry cali's do seem to fit almost the same, and the tape measure confirmed it.

9. mis

mis Well-Known Member

Thanks. Anyone with cures and NS in the same size could help me compare the thighs?

10. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

What size were your Bootcut Ola? If they were size 31, you should be fine. If they were size 32, the NS might be a bit tight on you.

stuff

Yeah my Ola's were 32's and they're pretty darn tight through the leg still. I'd like the APC's a little looser than that. I think I'll sell these NS and buy a 31 or 32

http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/9630/10002494yn.jpg

That's how my Ola's fit, I'd like the NS looser than that. What size NS would be good?

11. mis

mis Well-Known Member

31 probably?

12. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

31 probably?

This is where I'm going....

13. mis

mis Well-Known Member

If your thighs can handle the NS in size 30 I'd say go with the 30's though

14. colin_

colin_ Senior member

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between:
    "women's overdyed black narrow jeans" and "overdyed black new standard jeans"

from what Im guessing.. the women's is just a lower rise? I want a pair of overdyed black for formal occasions (funerals, work, etc.) I need a 25 and these are my 2 options. Neither are in stock but next time they are maybe I'll grab a pair.

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between:
    "women's overdyed black narrow jeans" and "overdyed black new standard jeans"

from what Im guessing.. the women's is just a lower rise? I want a pair of overdyed black for formal occasions (funerals, work, etc.) I need a 25 and these are my 2 options. Neither are in stock but next time they are maybe I'll grab a pair.

I think the women's are the cure model, and the men's are the new standard model, which means the women's are much more tapered. And yes, expect them to be lower rise as well.

16. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

Well, my jeans weren't shipped when I had expected, so I got a chance to change the size up to a 31". Hope these will be a good fit after stretching.

17. seen

seen Senior member

Erm....my inseam size is 31 and a bit. Would 32 be an ok fit?

18. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

Erm....my inseam size is 31 and a bit. Would 32 be an ok fit?

Your inseam is 31"? If you're buying APC, they all come in standard 36" inseam. If you happen to be talking about waist, then I would go down a size (two, or three: check the first post) because they stretch.

19. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Senior member

IMO, if you're buying slim jeans, you'll need a longer inseam than usual. In Nudie RRs, I got a 32 length, and even that was a little long. With my NS, I got them hemmed to 33, and that was too short! I like 35 length cause it's just right and I like the bunched up look @ the bottom.

20. mis

mis Well-Known Member

^ agree with that. Are APC cures shorter than NS?