• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

changeofpace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adambparker
Quick APC sizing question.

I am a natural 32 waist, and I bought a pair of APC Rescues slightly used. They are a 28 waist.

I'm now looking to get another pair of APCs -- is sizing down 4 in Rescues reasonable if they haven't been pre-stretched out by someone else?

I assume I should size down less if I decide to go the NS route.

Make sense?

I can't imagine those Rescues are going to fit you at all. But for NS you generally size down 2.

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changeofpace
I can't imagine those Rescues are going to fit you at all. But for NS you generally size down 2.

Sorry -- realized my post was a bit unclear.

The Rescues I bought used had stretched to about a 32.5 waist by the time I received them and fit perfectly. I've been wearing them for about 6 months and they are wonderful. They are size 28.

I'm wondering whether sizing down that much on a second pair and breaking them in myself will be absolutely brutal, or whether that's legitimately the right size for me.

changeofpace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adambparker
Sorry -- realized my post was a bit unclear. The Rescues I bought used had stretched to about a 32.5 waist by the time I received them and fit perfectly. I've been wearing them for about 6 months and they are wonderful. They are size 28. I'm wondering whether sizing down that much on a second pair and breaking them in myself will be absolutely brutal, or whether that's legitimately the right size for me.
Interesting. To me, it seems abnormal that they've stretched so much, but I'm no expert. I'm generally a size 32 and bought 30 in NS. Getting into them the first time was a bit tough, but a week and a half later I feel the fit is almost perfect. I love them. Just spend a few days with them in the evening, breaking them in, and you'll be good to go.

stinger70

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of APC NS. I am 6ft 1" tall, and weigh only 140lb. very thin. I have a pair of sevens that are size 30 which fit nice, but i wouldnt mind them being a little tighter in the waist. On the other hand i have a cheap pair of topman raw denim, which i bought at size 30, they were very tight but since stretching fit me just right.

If i were to get the NS, what size should i go for? At the moment i am thinking 27 would probably be best, but most of the online stores for the uk only go down to size 28...and i would prefer to order from a uk store.

I would love to get a fit like this AFTER stretching:
img4017wc9.jpg

hamish5178

Reaction score
Is there anyway to stretch out the calve area on a pair of NS?

Mine have stretched fine everywear else, but the calves are tight, it's a struggle to get the pants off.

progressiveminded

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
I am thinking of getting a pair of APC NS. I am 6ft 1" tall, and weigh only 140lb. very thin. I have a pair of sevens that are size 30 which fit nice, but i wouldnt mind them being a little tighter in the waist. On the other hand i have a cheap pair of topman raw denim, which i bought at size 30, they were very tight but since stretching fit me just right.

If i were to get the NS, what size should i go for? At the moment i am thinking 27 would probably be best, but most of the online stores for the uk only go down to size 28...and i would prefer to order from a uk store.

img4017wc9.jpg

28 will work perfectly.

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70

Sorry, I don't know much about Sevens, but do yours measure 30" across the waist exactly? That is important to know..

sjnv

Reaction score
I've always been a bit confused about the sizing down of APCs. I know it's 2 sizes down from your true waist, but does that mean that if I'm a true waist 32, I should get a tagged size 30? or a tagged size 28 since the 28 measures 30" when new and APC jeans stretch about 2". Also APC jeans usually look good when worn low so maybe that should be taken into account.

Ippo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjnv
I've always been a bit confused about the sizing down of APCs. I know it's 2 sizes down from your true waist, but does that mean that if I'm a true waist 32, I should get a tagged size 30? or a tagged size 28 since the 28 measures 30" when new and APC jeans stretch about 2". Also APC jeans usually look good when worn low so maybe that should be taken into account.

sizing down 3 for me seems to work well

Leif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjnv
Also APC jeans usually look good when worn low so maybe that should be taken into account.

If you do so, make sure you measure your "true waist" where you will want the jeans to sit.

makr

Reaction score
I've had a pair of size 29 APC ns for about 4 months now but the fading is still at a very minimal. I looked at pictures of other ns, and they have quite defined honeycombs already. I was wondering what I could do to increase the fading in addition to wearing them hard everyday?

changed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makr
I've had a pair of size 29 APC ns for about 4 months now but the fading is still at a very minimal. I looked at pictures of other ns, and they have quite defined honeycombs already. I was wondering what I could do to increase the fading in addition to wearing them hard everyday?

wear them to bed, going for runs in them, rock tumbler, etc...

mert54

Reaction score
I couldn't believe it, today I saw a pair of APC new standards for $50, no one went after them, and they were 29, usually my size, but these were so tight I couldn't even button them. Man was I pissed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads