• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

RyanF

Reaction score
so about the shrinking, i guess i was right....

like i said this is what they told me at the APC store so....

wheelsx45

Reaction score
Thanks. My plan is to get them and immediatly soak in cold water with a little Cheer dark and then hang dry them. I may wear them for a week before I do that though. Then hem them but leave like 1.5 or 2inches more cause i want some stacking still, i am really short hehe.

The waist doesn't shrink at all??

Is soaking and washing basically the same thing, why would someone choose hot or cold etc.

wheelsx45

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeannoob
hey guys
i recently bought a pair of new standards size 27 waist
my actual waist is 28 and i was planning to grab a pair of 26 but i was unable to button any of the buttons cept for the top one
so i took the 27s which fitted tight but allowed me to button them up fine
will the 27s stretch out to become way to big for me, or will it be alright?
i cant really return them as ive been wearing them for 5 hours already and whiskering and honeycombs are already coming along nicely
tounge.gif

thanks a bunch

well, i dont even have my apc ns yet, but from what I have read here is they stretch sometimes 3inches more in the waist and that you should start out as tight as you can go which is usually 2 sizes down. mabey you are bigger than 28 or they were at a different position on your waist

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quick question, sorry if this has been covered before...
I'm looking at trying on some APC NS and others, anyone know of some shops in toronto that carry them? is there maybe even an APC store?
Thanks!

Also... I just got some Nudie Slim Jims in 29... dry black
1. do I need to do any sort of soaking before breaking them in?
2. are they going to fade at all?
3. as for APC, any idea what size and cut might work that would be similar to the above?

Thanks again!

hitormiiss

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/APC-MADRAS-SHIRT...QQcmdZViewItem
hey guys. i bought one of these and the pit to pit measurements are HUGE for a size small. i was wondering if you think the measurements may be inaccurate. maybe because of the way the shirt is laid out? How could 24 inch pit to pit measurement be a small. do these run super big?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hitormiiss
http://cgi.ebay.com/APC-MADRAS-SHIRT...QQcmdZViewItem hey guys. i bought one of these and the pit to pit measurements are HUGE for a size small. i was wondering if you think the measurements may be inaccurate. maybe because of the way the shirt is laid out? How could 24 inch pit to pit measurement be a small. do these run super big?
Did you buy it from that seller? His measurements are accurate. What is strange is that he often posts APC merchandise with measurements that don't fit the tagged size. There is no way 24" pit to pit is a small. I ordered a jacket from him once that was tagged as "small" and measured 22" pit to pit. The next week he posted the same jacket tagged "medium" and it measured 19" pit to pit. There is definitely something strange going on with his merchandise. * EDIT: I just checked again and realized that it is a different seller--at least in name. I bought my item from "kendokobayashi" not "killerdenim78." I do find it interesting that both users are located in Japan, sell similar, oddly sized merchandise, and use identical wording for their item descriptions.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
i just washed mine and they shrunk about 1-2 inches sooooooooooo

Hot water? Dried afterward?

Originally Posted by modual
I've got a pair which i've had for 3 years and have been washed numerous times. I would say they've shrunk 1.5" in that time.

Shrunk 1.5" from their original size? Or after they stretched from wear?

Listen guys this denim doesn't shrink unless you expose it to heat. Also, any shrinking that occurs from a cold wash goes away after 3-5 wears since you just stretch the denim out again.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Hot water? Dried afterward?

Shrunk 1.5" from their original size? Or after they stretched from wear?

Listen guys this denim doesn't shrink unless you expose it to heat. Also, any shrinking that occurs from a cold wash goes away after 3-5 wears since you just stretch the denim out again.

I agree breakz. Read my mind.

RyanF

Reaction score
these are my petites at about a week of wear...feel free to let me know what you think

DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2583-1.jpg

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Look pretty good to me. Def need to get them hemmed in a few weeks, but you prob already planned on that.

hitormiiss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Did you buy it from that seller? His measurements are accurate. What is strange is that he often posts APC merchandise with measurements that don't fit the tagged size. There is no way 24" pit to pit is a small. I ordered a jacket from him once that was tagged as "small" and measured 22" pit to pit. The next week he posted the same jacket tagged "medium" and it measured 19" pit to pit.

There is definitely something strange going on with his merchandise.

* EDIT: I just checked again and realized that it is a different seller--at least in name. I bought my item from "kendokobayashi" not "killerdenim78." I do find it interesting that both users are located in Japan, sell similar, oddly sized merchandise, and use identical wording for their item descriptions.

so the measurements are prob right and its a small?
i don't think i want to buy it anymore. it's probably legit but do you think it'll fit like a small...i regret buying it now.

Tic

Reaction score

Last edited:

Thisisnew

Reaction score
Yes they will definatly stretch out. I went down two sizes and could just barely button my top one if I sucked in and held my breath...now they are so stretched I almost need a belt.

I was just curious, compared to other denim, how fast do apcs fade? ie will whiskers, honeycombs etc develop faster than most other jeans, or slower? or is it about average?

kit99bar

Reaction score
my 29s now measure 34 across the waist after 2 weeks of wear
smile.gif
they almost fit perfectly now
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tic
I just got my New Standards from Farinelli's. I sized down two from my regular waist to 28. I can currently only button the very top button. Will these stretch out enough so I can eventually button them up fully?

cancel.sing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Quick question, sorry if this has been covered before...
I'm looking at trying on some APC NS and others, anyone know of some shops in toronto that carry them? is there maybe even an APC store?

There's no APC store in Toronto. Lileo in the Distillery District carries APC, as does Nomad. But prices are incredibly inflated; if you can find a website in the states that will ship for cheap, you're probably better off buying from there. Last time I checked, a NS at Lileo was $235. They're $155 in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads