A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Hello everyone, first post here. I wear levis 514 size 28 (16 regular boys) and they are fit me snug. I dont move a lot as I am in wheelchair. What New Standard size should I choose? Since I do not move much at all will that mean the APCs wont stretch out as much? I thinking of a size 25 or 26, but unsure if the stretch effects me as much.

According to the Context website, it sais a (tagged size 25 = 26 true, 26 = 27, and then a 27 = 29) That makes me confused also.

Edit: My true wast measurement is like 28.5

26... they will still stretch regardless

2. photobooth

photobooth Well-Known Member

Hi I just got a pair of size 28 NCs and can't even do up the first button.
    I'm definitely still looking for the skinny tapered fit so the question I have is what I should exchange them for: 29 NCs, 28 NSs or 29 NSs? I guess the deciding factor will be how similar the top blocks of the NS and NC are to each other. Thanks for any input.

3. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Ah this sucks, so I drop'd off my APC NS (2 and half months of wear) to get it hem..but since I'm from New Orleans. People are freaking out about the hurricane and there a slight chance my tailor already skip town.....

Damnit, I guess I'm getting some Flatheads sooner then I expect...

4. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Hi I just got a pair of size 28 NCs and can't even do up the first button.
    I'm definitely still looking for the skinny tapered fit so the question I have is what I should exchange them for: 29 NCs, 28 NSs or 29 NSs? I guess the deciding factor will be how similar the top blocks of the NS and NC are to each other. Thanks for any input.

i would say a 29 NC maybe even 30's.

5. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

I'm having trouble finding this in this thread and on the net, but how much do the New Standards in black cost? It seems like the grey and white ones are more expensive than the indigos, but I haven't seen any pricing on the black ones.
    Thanks.

6. wheelsx45

wheelsx45 Senior member

I couldn't really find a straight answer about this in huge thread ..

I am awaiting some size 25 NS and will definitely hem them ASAP about 2 inches (if the inseam is 34, hoping it comes in 32) and was wondering if I should soak or wash them before taking them to the tailor? I dont want to lose the indigo , or as little as i can.

Say if you get your brand new pair of NS and soak in hot water, will it shrink even moreso? Or does it need to be stretched before shrinking happens?

I want to be ready for my APCs!!

7. RyanF

RyanF Member

i recently ditched my apc NS in favor of some petite standards...i dont have any good pictures but if i have time tomorrow, i may contribute

i find for a shorter guy such as myself (5'8"), the PS is more accommodating to my body type

stuck to the way i sized my NS, down 2

8. RyanF

RyanF Member

I couldn't really find a straight answer about this in huge thread ..

I am awaiting some size 25 NS and will definitely hem them ASAP about 2 inches (if the inseam is 34, hoping it comes in 32) and was wondering if I should soak or wash them before taking them to the tailor? I dont want to lose the indigo , or as little as i can.

Say if you get your brand new pair of NS and soak in hot water, will it shrink even moreso? Or does it need to be stretched before shrinking happens?

I want to be ready for my APCs!!

the way i understand it, apc is sanforized, not shrink to fit, such as a pair of, say, levis 501...according to the folks at the apc store, after a wash you should lose 1-2 inches of inseam, but the waist should be unaffected...the initial inseam is 34, so if youre going to hem them, just be sure to take into account that washing/soaking will shrink the inseam a bit

9. dasaylay

dasaylay Member

the way i understand it, apc is sanforized, not shrink to fit, such as a pair of, say, levis 501...according to the folks at the apc store, after a wash you should lose 1-2 inches of inseam, but the waist should be unaffected...the initial inseam is 34, so if youre going to hem them, just be sure to take into account that washing/soaking will shrink the inseam a bit

You won't lose 1-2inches by soaking your APCs. They're sanforized, so expect minimal shrinking[​IMG]

10. RyanF

RyanF Member

You won't lose 1-2inches by soaking your APCs. They're sanforized, so expect minimal shrinking[​IMG]

i stand corrected [​IMG]

11. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

its not your height, its how thick your legs are that decides which jean fits better

i recently ditched my apc NS in favor of some petite standards...i dont have any good pictures but if i have time tomorrow, i may contribute

i find for a shorter guy such as myself (5'8"), the PS is more accommodating to my body type

stuck to the way i sized my NS, down 2

12. bach

bach Senior member

i just washed mine and they shrunk about 1-2 inches sooooooooooo

13. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Did you dry them in the dryer?

14. modual

modual Senior member

I've got a pair which i've had for 3 years and have been washed numerous times. I would say they've shrunk 1.5" in that time.

15. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

hey guys
    i recently bought a pair of new standards size 27 waist
    my actual waist is 28 and i was planning to grab a pair of 26 but i was unable to button any of the buttons cept for the top one
    so i took the 27s which fitted tight but allowed me to button them up fine
    will the 27s stretch out to become way to big for me, or will it be alright?
    i cant really return them as ive been wearing them for 5 hours already and whiskering and honeycombs are already coming along nicely [​IMG]
    thanks a bunch