A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

2. nox

nox Well-Known Member

What you have just done is akin to throwing a piece of raw meat into a lions' den. (Reminds me of the blank cartoons in the back of the New Yorker, where they draw something wacky and let readers fill in the caption.)

Now it's time to stand back and let nature take it's course...[​IMG]

I'm going to have to burn them aren't I.

Well, there goes another 130$.

3. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

you can definitly get dark washed jeans that aren't raw and won't fade a lot. I used to get those before getting into raw jeans.

What kind of nice denim do you recommend for that?

4. stuartSan

stuartSan Well-Known Member

Anyone own both NS and NC?

The general idea is to size down 2 on NS and 1 on NC, but what if the NS already fit you slightly loose in the hips? Did you still only size down 1 on NC and wear a belt on all the time? Or did you get the same size as your NS and risked getting blue balls?

5. nox

nox Well-Known Member

answered on sufu
    So confused. First people here make fun of sufu, then others refer me to it.

I thought only unsanforized denim was supposed to twist - are my NS defective?
    Denimbar could check to make sure they don't send me twisting legs in the future if I so desire?

Thanks

6. presidentofvice

presidentofvice Active Member

Anybody notice any changes in the NC (raw) sizing recently? I've worn NC for a couple of years and i've always been a 30. I ordered a new pair from Denimbar and they seem much tighter than i remember them being at first (I had A LOT of trouble getting the top button). also the tag now says "New Cure H" anybody know what the hell the 'H' is?

7. lifersfc

lifersfc Senior member

I don't really want to read 100+ pages about denim, but I am hoping to get some advice. By tape measure, I have a 32-33 inch waist. I have some Nude RRDS in 32 and they fit fine in the waist but are too tight around the hips and thighs. I work out and squat heavy so I have some decent muscle mass in there. Given my body type (muscular and lean), I am not really into the tight look, but definitely like my jeans on the slimmer side (though that might be what people around here call 'baggy').

With this in mind, which cut of APC's would you recommend, and in what waist size?.

8. mrkent

mrkent Member

can someone explain to me whats with all this hype about apc that it deserves its own sticky? Don't have a pair myself so excuse my ignorance.

9. nox

nox Well-Known Member

Lifersfc - If you're anything like me, and I don't even squat heavy, you'll want some APC Rescues. http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/apc/rescue.php
    APC's never gonna fit your waist.
    Here's your 100 pages of reading - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=66726

can someone explain to me whats with all this hype about apc that it deserves its own sticky? Don't have a pair myself so excuse my ignorance.

APC has a sticky?! ZOMG where? (cheap, raw, selvedge)

10. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

I just got my APC rescues in the mail today. Are they supposed to be super tight around the waist area? To me, they are just tight in the crotch/thigh area, but the waist is a pretty good fit. How much are they going to stretch? Should I return them and get a smaller size?

11. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

also, why does no store have size 28

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I think a superfuture member is selling a pair of size 28s on the supermarket.

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Just to add some useful info to the thread. If any one is interested in getting the Grey New Standards and are worried about sizing. they NS sizing chart on context is pretty much spot on. i only sized down 1 because they aren't raw and i don't think they will stretch a whole ton. and they are a perfect fit. denim is nice, and actually pretty slubby. very soft and super lightweight. they come with a 32-33in inseam but APC leaves anothe 2-3in under the hem so you can let them out. which i will be doing. got some crappy pics with the blackberry. i only sized down 1. because i wanted just a normal straight fit. they are perfect i think, just the look i was going for. they are super comfy. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. nox

nox Well-Known Member

I think a superfuture member is selling a pair of size 28s on the supermarket.

They have 4 months of wear, one hot wash, 55$.

I'm guessing size 28 is underproduced. I think you can find them at the APC store online. 155+shipping.

15. nox

nox Well-Known Member

I just got my APC rescues in the mail today. Are they supposed to be super tight around the waist area? To me, they are just tight in the crotch/thigh area, but the waist is a pretty good fit. How much are they going to stretch? Should I return them and get a smaller size?

From what I've heard, waists stretch more than thighs. I'd be concerned of having the thigh too tight if you sized down more. Depends how tight they are.

Also: stretching is affected by how much you pressure you put on them.