A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. onion

onion Senior member

No, they told me the petite was different. I think its skinny, but obvious my knowledge is limited.
    Ok, that sounds right. I've seen some people mention the APC Standard, and had never even heard of the Petite Standards until I saw them on the site.
    Do the same sizing rules apply?
    As far as sizing, I'm pretty sure the same rules would apply, as I can almost guarantee it is the exact same type of denim.

2. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

I'm assuming that the "Original Standard" is a remake of the "Standard". Can anybody verify this?

3. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

will worn in APC NS give the same fit as seven for all mankind standards? thanks

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

5. Clench Million

Clench Million Senior member

Okay, I realize this stuff has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find it on search so I'd appreciate the help.

I currently have a pair of APC 31 new standards that I've worn a lot and washed. However, I've realized they are just too tight, especially since i've gotten a bit fatter. I can button these but they are very tight. So, I want to get a new pair.

My question is: Are the measurments on Context clothing accurate for unworn APCs?

I ask because they are somewhat odd. The 31 is said to measure 32 inches while the tag 32 measures 34. I was planning on sizing up two, but if a size 33 is really THREE inches more in the waist, then it would probably be way too much.... and if the tag 32 starts out two inches more than the tag 31 it is probably what I need.

Anyone know?

6. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

Okay, I realize this stuff has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find it on search so I'd appreciate the help.

I currently have a pair of APC 31 new standards that I've worn a lot and washed. However, I've realized they are just too tight, especially since i've gotten a bit fatter. I can button these but they are very tight. So, I want to get a new pair.

My question is: Are the measurments on Context clothing accurate for unworn APCs?

I ask because they are somewhat odd. The 31 is said to measure 32 inches while the tag 32 measures 34. I was planning on sizing up two, but if a size 33 is really THREE inches more in the waist, then it would probably be way too much.... and if the tag 32 starts out two inches more than the tag 31 it is probably what I need.

Anyone know?

I called in today regarding the eccentric way of sizing that they had. Ryan(one of the owners) said that they do measure them as new pairs.. You can simply call in, they will be more then willing to help you.. Very nice people at contextclothing... He even said that if he had the size I wanted, he would measure them for me at that moment...

7. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

A.P.C. really needs to restoch tehir grey jeans on their website so i can order me a pair of them. anywhere else to get them besides their website?

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

9. shortman506

if i buy a pair of NS and wear them in for a few months, will they give a similar fit as the seven for all mankind standard fit denim?

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

if i buy a pair of NS and wear them in for a few months, will they give a similar fit as the seven for all mankind standard fit denim?

The NS won't magically become a straight leg after a few months of wear, nor is it going to become a low rise.

11. shortman506

what about NR, they look more relaxed

12. Clench Million

Clench Million Senior member

Anyone know?

Thanks denim freak. Anyone else have any info on the above?

13. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

are the hems on the 28 NS and 29 NS (ones that DB and everyone is stocking at new retail $155) 7.25 and 7.75 respectively?

unstretched how does 28 and 29 waist compare? 0.5" across waistband difference? is it a .5" across waistband difference between sizes?

14. robgotsastaplerr

robgotsastaplerr Senior member

i would just like to give a testament to the APC NS's stretchiness as I once posted here worried my size 26 NS just wouldn't be able to make it to my 30 waist, but after about a month of hard use, they've filled up very nicely and I am amazed at what these jeans can do lol.

15. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

I have a question.

What if I don't want my APC NS's to fade? I kinda like the looks already now, and I don't want them to fade.. Is that possible? I don't think it's possible to wash it and prevent it from fading..

Is there a way?

Also the BLACK NS's don't fade, correct?

Thanks guys