• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dan G
No, they told me the petite was different. I think its skinny, but obvious my knowledge is limited.
Ok, that sounds right. I've seen some people mention the APC Standard, and had never even heard of the Petite Standards until I saw them on the site.
Originally Posted by Dan G
Do the same sizing rules apply?
As far as sizing, I'm pretty sure the same rules would apply, as I can almost guarantee it is the exact same type of denim.

Dan G

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the "Original Standard" is a remake of the "Standard". Can anybody verify this?

shortman506

Reaction score
will worn in APC NS give the same fit as seven for all mankind standards? thanks

Clench Million

Reaction score
Okay, I realize this stuff has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find it on search so I'd appreciate the help.

I currently have a pair of APC 31 new standards that I've worn a lot and washed. However, I've realized they are just too tight, especially since i've gotten a bit fatter. I can button these but they are very tight. So, I want to get a new pair.

My question is: Are the measurments on Context clothing accurate for unworn APCs?

I ask because they are somewhat odd. The 31 is said to measure 32 inches while the tag 32 measures 34. I was planning on sizing up two, but if a size 33 is really THREE inches more in the waist, then it would probably be way too much.... and if the tag 32 starts out two inches more than the tag 31 it is probably what I need.

Anyone know?

DenimFreak411

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clench Million
Okay, I realize this stuff has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find it on search so I'd appreciate the help.

I currently have a pair of APC 31 new standards that I've worn a lot and washed. However, I've realized they are just too tight, especially since i've gotten a bit fatter. I can button these but they are very tight. So, I want to get a new pair.

My question is: Are the measurments on Context clothing accurate for unworn APCs?

I ask because they are somewhat odd. The 31 is said to measure 32 inches while the tag 32 measures 34. I was planning on sizing up two, but if a size 33 is really THREE inches more in the waist, then it would probably be way too much.... and if the tag 32 starts out two inches more than the tag 31 it is probably what I need.

Anyone know?

I called in today regarding the eccentric way of sizing that they had. Ryan(one of the owners) said that they do measure them as new pairs.. You can simply call in, they will be more then willing to help you.. Very nice people at contextclothing... He even said that if he had the size I wanted, he would measure them for me at that moment...

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A.P.C. really needs to restoch tehir grey jeans on their website so i can order me a pair of them. anywhere else to get them besides their website?

shortman506

Reaction score
if i buy a pair of NS and wear them in for a few months, will they give a similar fit as the seven for all mankind standard fit denim?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shortman506
if i buy a pair of NS and wear them in for a few months, will they give a similar fit as the seven for all mankind standard fit denim?

The NS won't magically become a straight leg after a few months of wear, nor is it going to become a low rise.

Clench Million

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clench Million

Anyone know?

Thanks denim freak. Anyone else have any info on the above?

bapelolol

Reaction score
are the hems on the 28 NS and 29 NS (ones that DB and everyone is stocking at new retail $155) 7.25 and 7.75 respectively?

unstretched how does 28 and 29 waist compare? 0.5" across waistband difference? is it a .5" across waistband difference between sizes?

robgotsastaplerr

Reaction score
i would just like to give a testament to the APC NS's stretchiness as I once posted here worried my size 26 NS just wouldn't be able to make it to my 30 waist, but after about a month of hard use, they've filled up very nicely and I am amazed at what these jeans can do lol.

DenimFreak411

Reaction score
I have a question.

What if I don't want my APC NS's to fade? I kinda like the looks already now, and I don't want them to fade.. Is that possible? I don't think it's possible to wash it and prevent it from fading..

Is there a way?

Also the BLACK NS's don't fade, correct?

Thanks guys

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads