A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

oh new standards is what a tried on in 28, extremely tight, but buttonable

2. Glory Daze

Glory Daze Active Member

Should I have hot soaked my APC NS's before I wore them the first time? Some people say you should, some don't bother.. They fit fine now (was really tight before), and it's been 2 weeks. Should I go soak them now or just wait for the first wash in a couple more months?

3. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

PC jeans are Sanforized, which means they are pre-shrunk. The reason people hot soak their jeans is because hot water + denim = shrinkage. So, soaking APC jeans is completely un-needed. Just take them out of the box, put em on, wear em for months and months, and begin washing them once you feel they are sufficiently dirty.

4. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

My Measured waist is 30( I fit in 29's in R&R and 7FAM) Should I go with a 28 in New Standard Indigo?

Does the 20% Denim Bar code still work on the site or do I have to call in an order? Thanks

5. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

i never hot soaked any of my APC's and i dont think i ever would Has anybody ever got any of the apc boots or mocassins? how is the sizing, im a 10 in vans, 42 in CP's any help would be great www.hyrcollective.com

6. Dekayte

Dekayte Senior member

My Measured waist is 30( I fit in 29's in R&R and 7FAM) Should I go with a 28 in New Standard Indigo?

Does the 20% Denim Bar code still work on the site or do I have to call in an order? Thanks

The 20% off works on the website and it'll also work if you call in for your order. A 28 should work for you.

7. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

Has anybody ever got any of the apc boots or mocassins?
    www.hyrcollective.com

if i remember, the price is fairly outrageous and you'd be better off going with a brand that specializes in shoes

8. Blenheimer

Blenheimer Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been mentionned before but there is a new APC cut coming on the market shortly.

According to Jean Tuitou's blog (APC's boss and founder), the "Petit Standard" is basically a lower rise NS, tighter in the waist, hip and thighs.

http://blog.honeyee.com/jean/archive...veau_jean.html

9. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

The question I am about to ask was asked a few pages back and left unanswered I think. I am looking for the right sneaker to go with my APC NS. I have always boycotted chucks despite how popular they are. They just don't feel right for me. I am also not a vintage Nike kind of guy and my New Balance seem too bulky when wearing the NS.

If that is enough to filter my criteria, could you guys throw some suggestions my way? Thanks.

10. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

I'm a big fan of wearing Low-Profile shoes (i.e. the opposite of a High Top) with my NS. I'd suggest getting some Vans Eras as they are comfortable, low profile and cheap as hell. If you want to spend money, I really don't see anything better than Common Projects Achilles Low in white.

11. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

gola makes low profile shoes that work well, but a lot of their styles are a bit eurotrash...

The question I am about to ask was asked a few pages back and left unanswered I think. I am looking for the right sneaker to go with my APC NS. I have always boycotted chucks despite how popular they are. They just don't feel right for me. I am also not a vintage Nike kind of guy and my New Balance seem too bulky when wearing the NS.

If that is enough to filter my criteria, could you guys throw some suggestions my way? Thanks.

12. baylee

baylee Member

Does anyone know where to get raw black CURES? I've only seen 2 or 3 pairs being sold on forums but never from stores online. Even the APC website doesn't seem to have these, and I've tried to e-mail them but haven't received a reply.

I've been looking for a pair of skinny raw black jeans for a while now with no luck. I tried on a pair of raw black NS as soon as they arrived in Sydney but they're not slim enough for my liking. Ideally I would love a pair of Diors but they're a bit out of my price range...

Help anyone?

13. lovlev

lovlev Well-Known Member

try sufu mate.. these my NC, 2 size down from my normal waist.. [​IMG];[​IMG]

14. cheep

cheep Member

Did 27x34 restock at denimbar yet??

15. Glory Daze

Glory Daze Active Member

Will NS's lose the sheen that it had when it was new over time?