1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'm 34.5" around my waist, 2" below my naval. What size A.P.C. NS's should I get? 30 or 31. I want a fitted fit thru the butt and thighs after they stretch, not relaxed fit, not tight.

2. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

trust me they stretch

you gotta break them in though

3. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

You're never going to fill those jeans by working out and they look pretty bad.

I don't think they look too bad if I wear them like they are in that first photo. Also, the only thing I don't like about the fit is the calf area, below the knee, and I can certainly improve that in a couple months time via working out.

4. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

rjakapeanut, you probably should have gone with New Cures.

5. rjakapeanut

you want the jeans skinnier? mmm.

those are a 27", ill get my measurements up in a bit.

the second pic really throws off the look, they all ruffled up in the knee so it looks terrible.

6. brohymn

brohymn Senior member

The first picture would look bad too if you didn't take such a shitty picture. The New Standard isn't the cut for you; you should get a new cure or a petit standard.

7. rjakapeanut

not like i can turn back now. i'm a pretty skinny guy; i'll eventually fit into these jeans >=).

i've been on a bulk for...two weeks now anyway, i'll see where i'm at in these jeans next month ahahha.

8. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

trust me they stretch

you gotta break them in though

I wear 33's in Earnest Sewn's.

I'll do the work to break in the A.P.C.'s. It'll be fun from the sounds of it.

9. breakz

breakz Senior member

not like i can turn back now. i'm a pretty skinny guy; i'll eventually fit into these jeans >=).

i've been on a bulk for...two weeks now anyway, i'll see where i'm at in these jeans next month ahahha.

LOL you'll put on like, at most, 4 pounds of muscle. If that. Throw the jeans on the B&S forum before wearing them any more, and get some cash for New Cures.

10. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

^ gotta agree with breakz on this one. You'd have to put on around 30lbs to grow your quads enought to fill those in. That'll take, what, a year or more? My APC were snug in the top block through the knees when I got them, and I had to suck my gut in a bit to button the top button. Now they have stretched and look pretty good. [​IMG]

11. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

anyone have an idea or educated guess on when apc f/w 08 stuff should hit stores? lots of stuff i really like in their lookbook

12. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

^ gotta agree with breakz on this one. You'd have to put on around 30lbs to grow your quads enought to fill those in. That'll take, what, a year or more?

My APC were snug in the top block through the knees when I got them, and I had to suck my gut in a bit to button the top button. Now they have stretched and look pretty good.

[​IMG]

those look like rescues..... are they?

13. rjakapeanut

LOL you'll put on like, at most, 4 pounds of muscle. If that. Throw the jeans on the B&S forum before wearing them any more, and get some cash for New Cures.

no, you don't understand, i'm on a bulk not as in i'm trying to gain muscle, i'm on a bulk as in i am going to end up gaining 20-25lbs by october.

14. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

those look like rescues..... are they?

New Standards, size 27.

15. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I wear 33's in Earnest Sewn's.

I'll do the work to break in the A.P.C.'s. It'll be fun from the sounds of it.

I'm still looking for more opinions. I have a 34.5" measured waist 2" below my naval. I want a fitted fit after stretching. Not loose/baggy, not super skin tight, just fitted to my body.

So I think 30 or 31. What do the experts say?

16. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

what's the measurement 4 inches below?

17. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

what's the measurement 4 inches below?

~37.5"

18. brimley

brimley Senior member

I'm still looking for more opinions. I have a 34.5" measured waist 2" below my naval. I want a fitted fit after stretching. Not loose/baggy, not super skin tight, just fitted to my body.

So I think 30 or 31. What do the experts say?

~37.5"

I'm pretty similar on measurement, quite tall and with proportionally large thighs. I wear a 32 in Rescues and it's a fitted look. I wouldn't go below 32 on NS and even 33 might be pretty tight depending on leg size.

19. converge

converge Senior member

Anyone have the problem of the leg seam of their APC's being crooked? The seam that runs down the right leg is seriously crooked compare to the left. It looks like the right leg is almost twisted to the left when I'm wearing them. I already had these hemmed and didn't notice it because I tried them on quickly and was mostly concerned about the waist fitting.

20. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Twist. Happens a lot, though I'm used to seeing/hearing about it after significant wear or washing and drying. My right leg is twisted (to the left) more than the left leg. Search Superfuture for some info on it.