1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bob digital

bob digital Well-Known Member

With the addition of some new shoes (thanks PS sale!) I need some new, slimmer-than I'm-used-to jeans. APC NS seems to fit the bill, and the price is right. I've searched around a bit, but want to make sure I handle this correctly.

I am not enamored with the sheen of APC's, and really can't imagine myself wearing jeans that are as rigid as brand new APC's. How effective have people found a soak for eliminating the sheen and softening the jeans up? How long will the sheen/rigidness take to disappear on it's own (I'm in the group that cannot wear jeans to work, so these won't receive extensive daily wear)? Also, how much bleeding can I expect with soak and no soak? I'm a little concerned about some light suede shoes.

My only experience is with 5EP LDB Resins that, unless my memory is completely failing me, weren't as stiff and didnt bleed much at all.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

With the addition of some new shoes (thanks PS sale!) I need some new, slimmer-than I'm-used-to jeans. APC NS seems to fit the bill, and the price is right. I've searched around a bit, but want to make sure I handle this correctly. I am not enamored with the sheen of APC's, and really can't imagine myself wearing jeans that are as rigid as brand new APC's. How effective have people found a soak for eliminating the sheen and softening the jeans up? How long will the sheen/rigidness take to disappear on it's own (I'm in the group that cannot wear jeans to work, so these won't receive extensive daily wear)? Also, how much bleeding can I expect with soak and no soak? I'm a little concerned about some light suede shoes. My only experience is with 5EP LDB Resins that, unless my memory is completely failing me, weren't as stiff and didnt bleed much at all.
    APCs will lose both the rigidness and the sheen pretty quickly after a wash or long hot soak. IMO APCs don't bleed much at all, but I would expect light suede shoes to get somewhat smurfed with *any* raw jeans.

3. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

A tumble dry after a wash will help soften them even more. Even though they're sanforized, this may shrink them a tiny bit, but they'll still stretch a bunch. IMO they look much better this way.

4. bob digital

bob digital Well-Known Member

smurfed

[​IMG] Been lurking here a long time and don't think I've ever seen that before

Thank you both

5. Casey

Casey Senior member

Well, I'm generally a size 30 or 31 and my problem with jeans tends to be that there's not enough butt room. I've been wearing a 28 for about 3 weeks now and it was hard to button the top button the first few days but now, I can wear it normally unless I had a really big meal. The only other pair of jeans I remember having as good of a fit in the butt was 7 for all mankind bootcut. Looking back, I think they're absolutely disgusting, but they were comfortable.

6. blank

blank Senior member

Just got my NS's. Question: is the top button always supposed loose and jiggly, or did I get a pair with a bad button? If the latter, there is obviously going to be a lot of wear on these pants, and a lot of using the button, stressing it while the pants are still tight. Is the button going to fall off? Or are all APC buttons jiggly?

7. Althis

Althis Senior member

the top button is on a swivel

8. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

its gonna be okayyy my button jiggles!

9. blank

blank Senior member

the top button is on a swivel

Oh so that's why it feels kinda springy and spins?

That's damn cool. Never really heard people extol that before, but it's a very nice detail for being the only detail on the minimalist jeans.

10. The Badgeman

The Badgeman Active Member

Oh so that's why it feels kinda springy and spins?

That's damn cool. Never really heard people extol that before, but it's a very nice detail for being the only detail on the minimalist jeans.

Thanks for asking that question, I just purchased a pair of NS and I didn't notice the top button when I tried them on last night but noticed it today and I wasn't sure if that was the design or if I had fucked it up haha

11. clarity

clarity Senior member

Does anybody else find it neigh impossible to use the front two pockets on their NS? I figure after about 1ish month of wear they would be easier to use. Such a struggle to try and get anything in there, let alone out. Not big things either, I don't like my cell in the front. Just sized down twice, everything else is snug but not ball clinching tight like these pockets are.

12. xchen

xchen Senior member

I don't use the pockets on mine. I'm able to get a few fingers in and there as slight fade from sometimes keeping them in there. I stopped using my front pockets for storage when I started wearing the APCs, though.

13. blank

blank Senior member

Yeah, kind of like this? Yours hang off too or just spin? I know, I know, this is excessive, but I loathe buying new clothes with imperfections. [​IMG]

14. The Badgeman

Yeah, kind of like this? Yours hang off too or just spin? I know, I know, this is excessive, but I loathe buying new clothes with imperfections.

Yeah you're straight, mine do both as well.

15. shoreboy

shoreboy Member

im thinking of getting size 31 new standards, but my only concern is the thigh room, i'm 6", athletic build with a true waist of 33" but my thighs have grown to 24.5" from gym work. Anyone else with similar build, thigh measurements find NS stretch enough so that they aren't skin tight? how long does it take? thanks

16. The Badgeman

im thinking of getting size 31 new standards, but my only concern is the thigh room, i'm 6", athletic build with a true waist of 33" but my thighs have grown to 24.5" from gym work. Anyone else with similar build, thigh measurements find NS stretch enough so that they aren't skin tight? how long does it take? thanks

The Rescues have a little more thigh room in them.

17. KlezmerBlues

KlezmerBlues Senior member

I want to buy a pair of APC corduroy pants. Because they are not raw denim, and I shouldn't be expecting much stretch, I'm assuming I should only size down one because of the vanity sizing?

Bumping this question, as I would like know also. Is there anyone with experience of their corduroy merchandise? Am I right to guess that their "Narrow jeans corduroy pants" are based on the New Standard?

18. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

i have that same problem (I'm 6" and have 19" calves and 26" thighs), so i only sized down one. the waist might be a little loose, but you can always get that taken in or go the cheaper route and wear a belt.

19. converge

converge Senior member

Does anybody else find it neigh impossible to use the front two pockets on their NS? I figure after about 1ish month of wear they would be easier to use. Such a struggle to try and get anything in there, let alone out. Not big things either, I don't like my cell in the front. Just sized down twice, everything else is snug but not ball clinching tight like these pockets are.

My New Cure's pockets are so tight they unlocked my car just by walking around...

20. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

i got some 27" because my measured waist is around 29"/30", but in the time that the jeans were in the mail i caught a bug (actually food poisoning) and apparently lost some weight, i was already a small guy so now the 27"s don't really feel that tight on me. should i wait until i gain weight back up to my normal size so they can stretch easier or can i just wear them now?

when does the stiffness end?! new standards are great though.