1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. robba

robba Well-Known Member

if your true waist is 31 you should get size 27.
    tag size 27 = waist 29 + 2 for strechting is your 31 true size.

2. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

eh, on denimbaronline.com I only see 34 inseams, they all come like this? I wear more like a 30-31, I shoudl just get them tailored?

27" waist btw, after taking away the two inches.

3. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

^ apc only comes in one inseam length in any given waist size.

APC hems aren't chainstitched or anything, so it's almost like they want you to hem them

4. rjakapeanut

when should i get them hemmed? after i break them in for 6 months or so? or what.

5. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Ah, I been reading this forum a lot lately, and I'm planning on getting my first pair of APC NS in couple of weeks. [​IMG] I was wondering what size should I get? I'm 5'9 160lb. True waist : 36 (not really sure) Tag waist: 32 My thighs is like 20 in (not really sure)

6. rjakapeanut

also, my measured waste (i have a tailors measuring tape) is 29". i'm on a bulk though and will probably gain a little weight, maybe up to a natural 30" waist. i'm thinking 27" for apc standard?

7. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

Ah, I been reading this forum a lot lately, and I'm planning on getting my first pair of APC NS in couple of weeks. [​IMG]
    I was wondering what size should I get?
    I'm 5'9 160lb.
    True waist : 36 (not really sure)
    Tag waist: 32
    My thighs is like 20 in (not really sure)

I know there isn't a cookie-cutter rule for this, but are you sure you're a 36? 5'9", 160 sounds more like a 30 or 31.

8. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

but that why I said I wasn't really sure lol.

I was like, this can't be right.

9. blank

blank Senior member

Well, I bought them. I said I wouldn't, but I did. I don't have an interest in any new pair of jeans and really, all I'm looking for is something dressy, and these are it. Bought a 30, I'm a 32 in all my denim, and I've tried that size on before, so these bitches better stretch like you say they do.

Will the inseam shrink at all upon wash? I'm not a stack guy so I'm going to want to hem them.

10. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Yeah, but probably no more than an inch, and that's if you hot wash and tumble dry.

I do that right off the bat, to get rid of the cardboard steez...

11. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

The website has its sale on - everything apart from raw denim discounted.

12. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Will a size 95 (cm) APC belt work for a size 32 (in) waist? Normally I buy 34/85 and I am on the next to last hole. What are the odds that a 95 would have a hole sitting around 32 inches?

13. benchan

benchan Senior member

Any one know what's the waist measurement of a size M trousers from APC(from previous year)?

14. have a killer time

have a killer time Member

just got my New Cures in the mail. The fit is pretty much what I wanted and will look great worn in. However, I don't know if I sized down enough. I usually wear a size 31 in pants so I ordered the NC's in a size 29. I read that APC's are supposed to take forever to button up when you first get them, but mine went on in a few seconds with a little sucking in. Will these stretch out too much? I think I may actually be a true size 30 and should have gone with a 28. I mean, the waist is pretty tight but not off from the pants I usually wear. The fit all around unstretched is pretty much like how I usually wear my pants...will the thighs stretch out too much also?

Anyways, what I'm asking is, should I have gone with a 28 or should I just rock these?

15. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

Just wear a belt. Most say to only size down one on new cures.

16. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    EVERYONE THE STYLE FORUM CODE WORKS ON THE DB WEB SITE FOR APC'S NOW.

if you want to paypal me thats cool I will give you a little extra sumpin sumpin[​IMG]

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

just got my New Cures in the mail. The fit is pretty much what I wanted and will look great worn in. However, I don't know if I sized down enough. I usually wear a size 31 in pants so I ordered the NC's in a size 29. I read that APC's are supposed to take forever to button up when you first get them, but mine went on in a few seconds with a little sucking in. Will these stretch out too much? I think I may actually be a true size 30 and should have gone with a 28. I mean, the waist is pretty tight but not off from the pants I usually wear. The fit all around unstretched is pretty much like how I usually wear my pants...will the thighs stretch out too much also?

Anyways, what I'm asking is, should I have gone with a 28 or should I just rock these?

I don't know why people are overly concerned about the waist. The top block and thighs are more important. My new cures haven't stretched a ton. If they look good, just keep em'.

18. radioactivejosh

radioactivejosh New Member

hey. i'm new to style forum and would really appreciate your help. i read through 40 pages of the thread and did a lot of reading on raw denim -- and i've decided to buy APC's. I wear my jeans pretty slim -- when i first tried on the Levis 511 "Skinny" fit i thought they were a little baggy (but now i like them).

I am 5'9 and 140 pounds. I am a 29 in Levis and can just about fit into Gap size 28. Many of my jeans, though, are size 30. After seeing a few pages back that a member who is 5'9 and 130ish pounds fit into a 25' (Wow!), i decided maybe instead of going for size 28 in New Cure's, to go for maybe a 26. Denim Bar is sold out of 26, though, and I think a 27 would probably be fine. (26 seems risky). Opinions would be great. Would a size 27 New Cure fit me well? I'm looking for them to be very well fitted, and I want really great fading. But i don't want it to look ridiculous like it's suffocating my legs or anything. Advice? Thanks so much!

19. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

20. josh mullen

josh mullen Well-Known Member

hey. i'm new to style forum and would really appreciate your help. i read through 40 pages of the thread and did a lot of reading on raw denim -- and i've decided to buy APC's. I wear my jeans pretty slim -- when i first tried on the Levis 511 "Skinny" fit i thought they were a little baggy (but now i like them).

I am 5'9 and 140 pounds. I am a 29 in Levis and can just about fit into Gap size 28. Many of my jeans, though, are size 30. After seeing a few pages back that a member who is 5'9 and 130ish pounds fit into a 25' (Wow!), i decided maybe instead of going for size 28 in New Cure's, to go for maybe a 26. Denim Bar is sold out of 26, though, and I think a 27 would probably be fine. (26 seems risky). Opinions would be great. Would a size 27 New Cure fit me well? I'm looking for them to be very well fitted, and I want really great fading. But i don't want it to look ridiculous like it's suffocating my legs or anything. Advice? Thanks so much!

i don't have the new cures but i have had several pairs of the new standards. i'm 6'2" 177lbs and i wear a 30 in ns. they are not tight at all, but were when i first got them--couldn't button the top button for a day or so. the tighter they are the more they will stretch.