• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. Petit Standards

evpj2L

Reaction score
So I just picked up a pair of APC petit standards. A search of the forum revealed little discussion on these jeans. Is this merely due to them being a fairly new fit and the apparent limited availability? What are people's thoughts on them?

I find the fit to be SPOT ON. Previously, I had given new standards a try, but to get the leg sufficiently slim I needed to size down to the point that I was losing my ability to father children. I was never a huge fan of the taper on new cures. The petits seem to have answered my jean prayers.

constantine.

Reaction score
i'm really interested in these jeans and a lot of places that carry APC don't seem to carry these for some reason...you should post pics of these.

RyanF

Reaction score
i recently sold my pair...i posted fit pics in the APC thread around a month ago..i loved the initial fit, but after they stretched and whatnot, i lost my love for them

brohymn

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are deterred by the name. Petite standards are more like New Standards than New Cures, but on the APC site they look tiny as ****.

RyanF

Reaction score
yes, the fit is like a slightly more tapered version of the new standard

bure

Reaction score
where do they sell these online, and if i need a 29 or 30 apc ns, should i get the same size petite?

bluemax

Reaction score
So these are more tapered than NS but less tapered than the NC?

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor Quack
^ I can't answer your second question, but you can get Petit Standards from the APC website.

thanks

Originally Posted by brohymn
They're more tapered than New Cures.

oh god.

Originally Posted by RyanF
i recently sold my pair...i posted fit pics in the APC thread around a month ago..i loved the initial fit, but after they stretched and whatnot, i lost my love for them

i saw your pics and it looks like a great fit.. what size were they? would you buy them again if you could size down (1 or 2)?

brohymn

Reaction score
They're tapered more than New Cures but have a lot more room in the thigh and waist.

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brohymn
They're tapered more than New Cures but have a lot more room in the thigh and waist.

excellent! i'm liking them more and more now... now all i need is sizing info and an online retailer that will mark down the price when shipping to Canada
sly.gif

in the NS i'm a 29 sized down 3 (tight but will stretch out)

is anything else different about the petites?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads