• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.p.c. M65?

Dangydang

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or handled this APC M65 in person? I'm interested in getting it, but it would involve a 3 hour drive so I'd like to see if anyone else has any experience with it first. Thanks

picture taken from blackbird's blog

apcm65.jpg

picture fixed, sorry about that.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
I saw it in person and was not impressed at all. For the price, it was definitely not worth it. As an M65 collector/conoisseur, I found it to be along the lines of an Alpha Industries M65 (which can be had for 25% of the price). Of course, the one I saw was plain black, and since your pics aren't working I can't tell if that is the one you are asking about.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I didn't really care much to handle it, too bland.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
I saw it in person and was not impressed at all. For the price, it was definitely not worth it. As an M65 collector/conoisseur, I found it to be along the lines of an Alpha Industries M65 (which can be had for 25% of the price). Of course, the one I saw was plain black, and since your pics aren't working I can't tell if that is the one you are asking about.

What do you think about the Alpha Industries M-65? They look nice (in pictures) and are fairly affordable. How do they compare to others (which others?)?

I am waiting for the Stussy x Alpha Industries one. I hope it's not too much of a markup.

Dangydang

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, everyone. I've looked at the AI M65s before and I would buy one if I could fit into one. Being that I'm short and skinny (5'8" 125lbs) it's very difficult to find well fitting jackets. I'm looking for a M65 that fits somewhat snug without paying an insane amount of money.

My sister will be in Tokyo for work over the next month, so I might ask her to pick something up for me. Are there any particular Japanese brand M65s I should look out for that are reasonably priced? There was a discussion on the other SF about this but most of the ones posted were just too expensive for me.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dangydang
Thanks for the input, everyone. I've looked at the AI M65s before and I would buy one if I could fit into one. Being that I'm short and skinny (5'8" 125lbs) it's very difficult to find well fitting jackets. I'm looking for a M65 that fits somewhat snug without paying an insane amount of money.

Wait, this worries me. What size(s) did you try? And it still didn't fit?

Dangydang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
Wait, this worries me. What size(s) did you try? And it still didn't fit?

I've tried on a small and extra small before. The small was more like a large parka on me. The extra small had a better fit but was still very loose on me, which is understandable since they're supposed to be cut to military specs. I'm just looking for something that's snug since anything else usually just looks silly on me.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
What do you think about the Alpha Industries M-65? They look nice (in pictures) and are fairly affordable. How do they compare to others (which others?)?

I am waiting for the Stussy x Alpha Industries one. I hope it's not too much of a markup.
As noted above, Alpha's M65 fits HUGE, and by huge I mean HUGE. I guess there should be a little oversizing due to the fact that a liner is normally attached, but let's just say I wear a large in virtually every brand in the world, yet an Alpha small is a little big on me. I wish I would have gotten the XS. Quality is excellent; after all, it is built to military specifications and is made to last in intensive combat/training. It just depends if it will fit your build well and whether or not you want it slimmed, etc. You can always get it tailored......

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that apc m65 is the ugliest i've seen them put out so far...they have various reditions of m65's every season and the french F-2 as well. There are better looking APC M65's available

kikkabuku-img600x450-1161001653121.jpg

prima

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy

3 weeks late. but if youre s till waiting for the stussy x alpha industries, it just went up on stussydirect.com

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by prima
3 weeks late. but if youre s till waiting for the stussy x alpha industries, it just went up on stussydirect.com

Never too late. This game is all about waiting and then being surprised when it's OOS when you finally remember to check again. Damn $315.00. Too much for me
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads