A.P.C Jeans... Where made?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by amerikajinda, Dec 23, 2006.

1. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Where are A.P.C. jeans made? I doubt they're made in France... please enlighten me. If you have a pair, what does the tag say? Thanks!

2. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Senior member

Wow, it's happening here too. [​IMG]

3. amerikajinda

Wow, it's happening here too. [​IMG]

Uh... what's happening? [​IMG]

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

My raw New Standards and Rescues both say "Made in Macau."

5. amerikajinda

My raw New Standards and Rescues both say "Made in Macau."

Thank you for the answer. So that's about the same as "Made in China" (i.e., not the same as "Made in Italy" or "Made in England") but I guess we're paying for the quality of the raw materials (denim) and not craftmanship?

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

The craftsmanship is good. It's selvage denim. I'd say the quality is better than the Nudies that I've seen, I don't know about the Japanese denim Nudies.

7. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

To answer your question, Macau and Tunisia (my Anglaise are from Tunis).

And there is a better way to tell how well something is made, is to actually inspect how well its made. e.g."made in japan" used to mean junk, and now people demand it? [​IMG]

8. amerikajinda

And there is a better way to tell how well something is made, is to actually inspect how well its made. e.g."made in japan" used to mean junk, and now people demand it? [​IMG]

Yes, Japan made a remarkable transformation in the quality of the goods they produce, but that transformation took many decades... but "Made in Macau" translates to... "Made in Macau" today. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth... Maybe someday (fifty years hence?) we will covet goods made in Macau. But that's a long way off. At least with the Nudies you know they're coming from a workshop in Italy staffed with Italian women and men with an eye for fashion and detail, as opposed to Macau where there are quite possibly sweatshop-like conditions with under-aged Chinese workers making pennies per hour, and more than likely there is more emphasis placed on quantity than quality. I wouldn't feel safe driving a car made in Macau (the time is coming soon when we're going to be able to purchase Chinese-made cars) so for the time being, at least, I would prefer to wear Studio d'Artisan (made in Japan) rather than APC (made in Tunisia or Macau).

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I'd say the quality of my APCs is about the same as my SSDS/RRDS (japanese denim)

10. benchan

benchan Senior member

amerikajinda, sorry to burst your bubble, but take a look at this article if you will. http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/07/...ness/jeans.php

11. amerikajinda

amerikajinda, sorry to burst your bubble, but take a look at this article if you will.
    Ah, I stand corrected! [​IMG] Thanks for pointing out that article... makes sense.

12. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Senior member

13. supermang

supermang Active Member

Just cause it's made in macau doesn't mean they're inferior to japanese or Italian made jeans. The quality on my new standards is awesome and the stitching, on point. I'd say that they're on pair with Japanese Diors in terms of craftsmanship. Of course my APC NS's are nearly 2 years old so APC denim may have dipped in quality.

14. parachutes

parachutes Senior member

the tag shows where the final process of the construction was made. it only testifies for the quality to a certain extent, for the better or otherwise.

15. Blenheimer

Blenheimer Well-Known Member

No link to APC whatsoever but I recently saw a TV feature on Martelli Tessili, an Italian company which takes care of the various washing and distressing processes for Diesel among others.

Funnily enough their Italian factories are almost entirely staffed by Chinese workers since locals are allegedly not interested in spending 8 hours a day sandpapering jeans and the chinese are, according to the clichÃ[​IMG] loving Martelli's boss, "the most precise, efficient and hard working guys you can find". Workforce is paid to European standards though.