1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A nice watch with a brown strap

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bouji, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

I think I'm going to go for the A. Lang & Sohe 1815 in manual.

Which Dubuis model do you suggest?

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I think I'm going to go for the A. Lang & Sohe 1815 in manual.

Which Dubuis model do you suggest?

The ones from 1997, 1998, 1999; anything after that is for the most part mass market, popular culture designed drivel.

Jon.

3. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

The ones from 1997, 1998, 1999; anything after that is for the most part mass market, popular culture designed drivel.

Jon.

Do you think the A. Lang & Sohe is the best option?

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Do you think the A. Lang & Sohe is the best option?

Unless you find a design from Patek, VC or AP that you like more, yes.

Jon.

5. Mute

Mute Senior member

If you like the Lange 1815 you should also consider a Patek 3919, my personal favorite for a simple and elegant dress watch. Another consideration would be a Jaeger Reverso Classic.

6. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

If you like the Lange 1815 you should also consider a Patek 3919, my personal favorite for a simple and elegant dress watch. Another consideration would be a Jaeger Reverso Classic.

I have a Cartier Tank, which is similar to the Reverso, and I have a Calatrava (5119 G), so both of those are similar to watches I already have. Both with black straps.

7. Mute

Mute Senior member

I have a Cartier Tank, which is similar to the Reverso, and I have a Calatrava (5119 G), so both of those are similar to watches I already have. Both with black straps.

Very nice selections. Of course if you really want to have something different, you could also consider a Corum Golden Bridge, but I think those only come with black staps so you'd still have to change straps.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think if you don't have a Lange, the 1815 would be a classic addition to your collection. It's my favorite Lange until you start getting into the high five digit range.

9. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

Very nice selections. Of course if you really want to have something different, you could also consider a Corum Golden Bridge, but I think those only come with black staps so you'd still have to change straps.

I saw an article in the FT about the Golden Bridge when it came out; and I tried, straight away, to try and get one; unfortunately wherever I tried was sold out, and I think this is still the case.

10. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

I think if you don't have a Lange, the 1815 would be a classic addition to your collection. It's my favorite Lange until you start getting into the high five digit range.

Yes, even after seeing other recommendations, the 1815 is still top of my list; all's left is to find the place which gives me the best discount, and find a friend or relative who is visiting the UK soon so I can claim the VAT back [​IMG]

11. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

I have a Cartier Tank, which is similar to the Reverso, and I have a Calatrava (5119 G)

You seem to have a fine watch collection, would you be kind enough to post some photos?[​IMG]

12. UMass

UMass Senior member

13. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Senior member

Rolex Daytona if you want it pricey or else this is a watch I recentally discovered on an auction, Delbana! Quite old brand but marvolus design!