• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A nice watch for a small wrist

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any suggestions? I'm looking for something with a case diameter of 35mm or so.

Gentleman8

Reaction score
Are you looking at something with a leather strap or stainless steel band? Round or square? Dress or sport? What price range?

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the suggestion of several forum members, I bought the Stowa Antea Kleine Sekunde. The face is 35mm across, and the lugs aren't too long. For reference, my wrist circumference is only about 6". NB this watch requires winding. Jorg and Regine provide fantastic customer service, so don't be afraid to order from them.

For something fun, I also like the Ritmo Mundo smaller-size watches. You can find them on discount for $500.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
round, links. thanks

Gentleman8

Reaction score
Ok, it all depends on your budget, and whether you want automatic or quartz.

For affordable yet good quality I would go for Mondaine or Seiko.

Mondaine is the offical watch of the Swisss Railway. I have the A658.30300.11SBZ. It has a 35 mm case. It goes for about $150.

The Seiko Perpetual Calendar series is also a very reliable watch, $150-$200 range, but it has a 38 mm case.

Or are you looking at something more expensive? The Tag Heuer Aquaracer is nice, about $1000.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am one of the people here that own the Stowa Antea KS. I can attest to the fact that is smart, very well made and pretty
smile.gif
I also have small wrists so it works well for me.

What is your budget, realistically, Javyn?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fantastic.poison
Have you thought about going vintage? I have a nice Hamilton, bought used, had it cleaned & swapped the retro steel expansion band for a nice leather, total was about $120. Get lots of compliments and if I crash on a desert island someday and have to pry off the crystal to start a signal fire and turn the hands into fishhooks, it won't be too big a financial loss.

You can use the leftover money to pick up your weight in Poljots and Raketas, which are excellent conversation pieces.

Good idea. I like the way you think.

*Off to bid on an Okeah*

smile.gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd love a Tag, but 1k might be a little steep for me....and the only Tag's I've seen have huge faces. I'm going to google up all these suggestions thanks guys! skalogre, ideally I'd like to spend 100 to 150, but if I fell in love with something, I'd probably go up to 500 bucks. BTW that Stowa does look very nice, and I wasn't even considering a white face before now...I wonder if they do black? Also, would someone link me where I could buy the Stowa if I decide on it? I googled it but I only find discussion forums on it, no where to shop
smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I'd love a Tag, but 1k might be a little steep for me....and the only Tag's I've seen have huge faces. I'm going to google up all these suggestions thanks guys! skalogre, ideally I'd like to spend 100 to 150, but if I fell in love with something, I'd probably go up to 500 bucks. BTW that Stowa does look very nice, and I wasn't even considering a white face before now...I wonder if they do black? Also, would someone link me where I could buy the Stowa if I decide on it? I googled it but I only find discussion forums on it, no where to shop
smile.gif

There is a black Stowa ANtea, too. Keep in mind there are other alternatives, such as Seiko that are extremely well made and reliability wise would outdo almost anything else in the market. Automatic, mechanical or quartz? P.s. the Antea is available directly from Stowa in Germany, http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.c...gesamt_zeilen= More NOS watches here, some interesting models... http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Watch Sales Table.htm

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This Hamilton is a gorgeous watch....too bad it's not my colors! Oh, my wrist is almost 6" as well....what is the max mm I could get away with?
5342hamiltona.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
This Hamilton is a gorgeous watch....too bad it's not my colors! Oh, my wrist is almost 6" as well....what is the max mm I could get away with? http://www.sherbow.com/images/Nov2St...2hamiltona.jpg
Up to you, really. You could even wear one of those monstrous 60mm cold war era Soviet diver's watches or a German 55mm flieger if you feel comfortable with it. I personally start feeling self-conscious at anything over 40mm for my girly man wrists
biggrin.gif
You could also cut a piece of cardboard of the diametre you are contemplating and see if it covers too much of your wrist.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
You could also cut a piece of cardboard of the diametre you are contemplating and see if it covers too much of your wrist.

A highly recommended strategy. I think it looks bad if the lugs are hanging over your wrist, but others will disagree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads