1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A new top ten list of jeans - for Styleforum reborn.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Silentblue

Silentblue Well-Known Member

Is it true if I call this Mauro person at the denim bar, I'll get New Standards at 120+s&h? The denim bar is this right? http://www.thedenimbar.net/

2. JaredK7

JaredK7 Active Member

personally, I like denim from True Religion

3. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

uh-oh...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

INCOMING!

5. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

::duck and cover::

::FIRE IN THE HOLE::

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Requesting fire mission tanog romeo, over.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Requesting fire mission tanog romeo, over.

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

To all the curious comments about the Johnbull SC003s: It's kind of like a Nudie Slim Jim. The back pockets and yoke are both low, and the rise is middle. The back rise is kind of high, but it looks good when you pull it down. My only complaints are: non-selvage, no leather patch. I don't really consider it an "entry level" jean, because I have lots of other super high-quality jeans, selvage and Japan-approved and all that, but my Johnbulls are without a doubt the best fitting pair I have, so I stick with those ones. [​IMG] back fit [​IMG] front fit Those are fresh out of the box. I wear them a little lower now.

10. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

To all the curious comments about the Johnbull SC003s: It's kind of like a Nudie Slim Jim. The back pockets and yoke are both low, and the rise is middle. The back rise is kind of high, but it looks good when you pull it down. My only complaints are: non-selvage, no leather patch. I don't really consider it an "entry level" jean, because I have lots of other super high-quality jeans, selvage and Japan-approved and all that, but my Johnbulls are without a doubt the best fitting pair I have, so I stick with those ones. http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9...03b0013dw5.jpg back fit http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5...0030012sf9.jpg front fit Those are fresh out of the box. I wear them a little lower now.
    So what do you think of them so far, quality wise? Worth the price? I am really tempted by the SC005 (flarez!1!11 et.c.) P.s. they look good btw!

11. Chris "Italia"

Chris "Italia" Senior member

Stefano Ricci jeans. 1000 bucks.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

So what do you think of them so far, quality wise? Worth the price? I am really tempted by the SC005 (flarez!1!11 et.c.)

P.s. they look good btw!

They're underpriced, IMO.

13. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Is the SC002 just the selvage equivalent?

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Is the SC002 just the selvage equivalent?
    Nah. I wish, otherwise I would have bought them instead. the SC002 is a completely different cut. They're a semi-slim repro cut. Not quite as flattering, from what I've seen.

15. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

very nice, brian sd. wow, that's a great fit. not everyone can pull off those jeans since they are so slim, but you wear them perfectly.

btw, i considered them an "entry-level" jean because of the price-point alone. could be the best cost performance we've seen considering style and quality. but, you're right. no-selvage and non-leather patch in exchange for superb fit....

16. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

really nice fit Brian. Wish i had room in my rotation to try these.

17. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

i was at the rogan store a couple weeks ago and they said they dont have the ethanol wash in original
    however they found a pair of them in warehouse
    the guy called me back
    and said ethanol and assassin are the saem wash
    idk if hes tellign the truth cuz i didntk no it changed
    any one have any insight?

18. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

Nice list. These jap jeans like iron heart are much cheaper outside the U.S, which is the reason I don't want to buy them---kinda feel like being cheated.

19. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Nice list. These jap jeans like iron heart are much cheaper outside the U.S, which is the reason I don't want to buy them---kinda feel like being cheated.

much cheaper? i guess..but you take out international shipping which is like a billion dollars and the difference isn't that much. not as much as going there..

20. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

Hey pal, you know in most of the cases the shipping fee is going to be around 20 bucks. And, if you buy a pair of jeans over 200 dollars, shouldn't they offer free shipping?[​IMG]