• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new top ten list of jeans - for Styleforum reborn.

cbrokaw

Reaction score
Questions on two brands of jeans:

Rag and Bone
- Do these jeans come in 29/32? Online and in stores, I have only found the jeans in 28 and 30 waist sizes.

Joe's Jeans
- What are people's thoughts on the Rebel jeans? I just purchased a pair and I find them to be very comfortable after wearing Earnest Sewn Hutch's for a while.

Thanks!

scoon0224

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Rag&Bone does only even waist sizes

cbrokaw

Reaction score
Thanks!

What is up with only even waist sizes?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbrokaw
Thanks!

What is up with only even waist sizes?

Not sure myself. I hate Rag&Bones sizing system. I'm a 29/32 as well and Rag&Bone's 30/32 is the closest I could get.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, I have no idea what that means, but the Rogan Original cut, the Rag & Bone RB1, and the Nudie RRDS are hardly "tight ass jeans" unless you buy them 3 sizes too small (something I find particularly stupid.) And the NS can be worn loose, regular, or slim, depending on preference. Actually, hardly any one of the the jeans on my least can be considered "tight ass". Unless you have a huge ass. In which case, I can't help you.

jpgm

Reaction score
^^^^
laugh.gif

is anyone able to give some sort of indication as to how much baggier the rag and bone RB1 is than the gstar ruger straight?

much appreciated.
smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpgm
^^^^
laugh.gif

is anyone able to give some sort of indication as to how much baggier the rag and bone RB1 is than the gstar ruger straight?

much appreciated.
smile.gif

It's a bit baggier. Last I recalled, Rugar was on the slimmer side of things. Say 4 out of 10? RB1s are probably a 7 or 8.

drake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
It's a bit baggier. Last I recalled, Rugar was on the slimmer side of things. Say 4 out of 10? RB1s are probably a 7 or 8.

Brian I was looking at the RB1s, but I usually wear a 34 inseam but can handle a 33, do you know if the 32 a but longwith Rang and Bone or should I look elsewhere?

jpgm

Reaction score

thanks brian.

what jeans would you compare the RB1's to in terms of bagginess?

also, how much baggier, if at all, is the RB6 as compared to the gstar ruger straight, or say, the nudie slim jim?

unfortunately the nearest stockist is a 5 hour flight from me, so web purchases are the go!

capnpyro

Reaction score

4. Eternal 811, Studio D'Artisan SD-103 - Slim straight-leg Levis-based jeans from Japan. In many respects these two jeans are very similar, so they're occupying the same spot on my list. The main difference between the two is that while the Studio D'Artisans have a little more of a true blue fade and are rope-dyed, the Eternals have a slightly green-casted fade, which has made them famous. The fit is slim, though not painted-on-tight, and the rise is middle-low. As expected from a Japanese company, the denim is superlative. They're very starchy and stiff, and thus will fade quicker than the more Americanized jeans listed above. Depending on how you get them, they can vary in price, but the mean is about $250.

Good info Brian, do you know which one from Samurai is the equivelant cut of those two? Interested in one of those

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
Brian I was looking at the RB1s, but I usually wear a 34 inseam but can handle a 33, do you know if the 32 a but longwith Rang and Bone or should I look elsewhere?

Don't even think about it, heh. I've taken that road and it didn't quite work out for me.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Good info Brian, do you know which one from Samurai is the equivelant cut of those two? Interested in one of those

I really don't know much about Samurai jeans I'm afraid. If you browse through the Samurai models, some web pages (I think C.Point) have a 1-10 scale on how tight/loose the jeans are, or maybe 1-5.

the SD-103 and Eternal 811 are rated at 2/5 typically.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RB1's are pretty roomy in the butt and thighs, but slims down somewhat in the leg. Think the old Diesel Kratt jeans.

The RB6 is considerably slimmer, but not as slim as the GStar Ruger straight. It is actually difficult to compare the two because the cuts are quite different. The Ruger has a considerably lower rise and thus a straighter cut than the RB6.

Originally Posted by jpgm
thanks brian.

what jeans would you compare the RB1's to in terms of bagginess?

also, how much baggier, if at all, is the RB6 as compared to the gstar ruger straight, or say, the nudie slim jim?

unfortunately the nearest stockist is a 5 hour flight from me, so web purchases are the go!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads