1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A New Size for Denim: Extra Tight

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whynot, May 4, 2006.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

MATTJAMES DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. Arethusa doesn't care about Fok's filters.

2. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

Ahahahhaha! Musically and stylistically, the Ramones are at the top of my book, but yeah, Agusto86 just owned in this thread.

Only tangentially related, but does anyone else think there's not that much difference between the American Jackass and the Ghetto Preppie?

3. minya

minya Senior member

Agusto86 just owned in this thread.?
    no he didn't

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Only tangentially related, but does anyone else think there's not that much difference between the American Jackass and the Ghetto Preppie?

Nah. I'd at least take "ghetto preppie" because its less common and therefore less annoying.

5. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

no he didn't
    LOL

6. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

no he didn't

Too right he didn't. Comparing one of the best dressed rappers to some 70s punk rockers is hardly giving a true perspective on things. Anyway, a blazer (which dominates that photo) is hardly standard hip-hop attire.
    I favour a form fitting look around the ass and thighs to some saggy-assed baggies.

7. Garage/Surf Rock

Garage/Surf Rock Senior member

I decided a few years ago that I would just keep wearing slim pants, no matter the current trend. Not so tight they are like leotards but slim and well-fitting. Just ride out the trends and keep the faith when styles swing in the opposite direction.

8. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

^ that Sonics album kicks ass.

I like the taste of straight Strychnine.

9. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Not to mention, the jeans in the ramone pic are hardly as tight as the ones advocated in the NYT article. They look like (dirty) slim fit to me.

!luc

10. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Hey, I wasn't so much trying to slam skinny jeans as defend the proposition that baggy jeans can look good as well.

11. tommib

tommib Senior member

My new skinny jeans, Levi's Blue 5005. They're nice, but the weft is a bit odd, its brown instead of white. [​IMG]

12. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Lemme just clarify that I'm not trying to bash skinny jeans, I have no pretensions of being an internet tough guy, and I did not win this thread. All I wanted to do was make a point that baggy jeans don't have to look sloppy and crappy, and that my preference is towards the hip-hop aesthetic rather than the punk rock/dior/Levi repro styles(which I'm aware are different).

13. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

hmm... i went to a hip hop show and the mc was wearing slim diesels and a fitted vintage tee. and from brooklyn. even hip hop is getting fitted.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Just ride out the trends and keep the faith when styles swing in the opposite direction.

amen brother. btw, great avatar altho I'm a *pinch* more partial to The Wailers...[​IMG]

Shot Down = one of the best tunes from its day.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

My new skinny jeans, Levi's Blue 5005. They're nice, but the weft is a bit odd, its brown instead of white.

[​IMG]

those look great man. I think it's cool when jeans use different colored wefts....I've seen Levi's use the brown weft before too. I think my 'oil wash' 514s have the brown weft .

16. Garage/Surf Rock

Garage/Surf Rock Senior member

^ that Sonics album kicks ass.

I like the taste of straight Strychnine.

Mm, yes indeed.

17. colin_

colin_ Senior member

My new skinny jeans, Levi's Blue 5005. They're nice, but the weft is a bit odd, its brown instead of white.

[​IMG]

how do you like those fred perrys?

18. tommib

tommib Senior member

how do you like those fred perrys?

I really like them, I prefer the look to of the Fred Perry's to my converse chucks, they're sleeker, maybe not as hardy, but a bit more comfortable. Also they make them in several nice colours like royal blue. Wearing a Fred Perry polo in that pic too.

Tom.

19. colin_

colin_ Senior member

yeah they look really nice, how is the sizing compared to chucks? I see shoes.com just got these in.

20. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Senior member

The only people who hate on skinny jeans are fat guys who can't fit into them.