• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A new pair of shoes

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earlier this week, I received a parcel from Janne Melkersson. Breath quickened, I tore it open. Fiddled with the shoe bags with trembling fingers, (Purple is my favourite colour, and I've always thought that my first pair of bespoke shoes should be in that tint. Janne didn't carry the exact shade I wanted, so we decided upon a redder skin. I figured I could play around with them later if necessary. The style is inspired by Corthay and Kiton two-eyelet derbies. I can't yet bear to wear them, but I tested them out for fit and it is, of course, better than any RTW last I've ever tried. The waist is bevelled beautifully, the tapered heel the embodiment of subtle elegance. I, and these pictures, cannot and do not attest to the artistry of these exquisite shoes. And Janne is a wonderful to work with, aptly described with a word applied so loosely these days: gentleman.) and out tumbled the shoes. On the hardwood they lay, unfettered. And here they are, after a shine. Note: they are a bit redder than they appear.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are seriously awesome. What are you going to wear them with?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Those are seriously awesome. What are you going to wear them with?
Thanks. The most logical in my wardrobe would be a medium navy with pearl and purple chalkstripes, peak lapel, one button, three piece worsted flannel suit. I have purple coats, sweaters, ties, shirts, too. But I'm neither big on matching nor shy about multiple colours, so I'll wear a lot of things with them.

kali77

Reaction score
Stunning
Those are down right Stunning

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd wear them with jeans.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice. I see Melkersson avoids the excessive stylization of Corthay's original design.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez, I would be scared to come within 10 feet of a curb. And make sure to check the weather forecast everyday. Seriously beautiful shoes. Thankfully, Styleforum lets us live vicariously...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nicely discreet shoes. They would look fine with a dark brown corduroy double-breasted suit for vaguely casual days.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
These are just like some bespoke Berlutis I saw in London a year ago. Congratulations! Those are beautiful shoes...

Are they bespoke? and if I might, how much?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan

Are they bespoke? and if I might, how much?

Originally Posted by whoopee
I've always thought that my first pair of bespoke shoes should be in that tint.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes they are bespoke. Including trees, shipping, and a terrible exchange rate, they are a couple hundred dollars north of 2k.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40