1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A new car for <$22k

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by lemmywinks, Jan 24, 2010.

1. kruze

kruze Senior member

Dude I used to drive one for a little while. Just used it as an ice cream getter. It was a green convertible. Pretty interesting car.

2. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

50K for a well equipped GL450? Wow, did I get screwed. [​IMG] And "mid-level" = MBs flagship SUV? Man, even if you say you're not Big Time, you sure think it!

And if you're good with a 16 year old telling us we all buy "used shit," that's your business.

Nice SUV but I thought Mercedes' flagship (and to me the coolest) SUV was the G-Class.

[​IMG]

It's the only Mercedes that won't have reliability problems, or at least that's what it seems. You also get to look like a dictator from a third-world country.

3. Egdon Heath

Egdon Heath Senior member

Cannot begin to tell you how distasteful all this entry level, mid level, high level shit is. I bought a house a while back, my first. The agent refered to it as a starter home. Fuck him; it's a house. Why don't you show-offs PM yourselves about your Porches and let this kid get some decent help about a first car, which, kid, should be a Ford Ranger, new or used, (they've looked about the same for the past 15 years), load it up with fish and sell door-to-door and for getting laid under the stars put a mattress in back, the smells will be similar.​

4. BoilerRoom

BoilerRoom Senior member

Cannot begin to tell you how distasteful all this entry level, mid level, high level shit is. I bought a house a while back, my first. The agent refered to it as a starter home. Fuck him; it's a house. Why don't you show-offs PM yourselves about your Porches and let this kid get some decent help about a first car, which, kid, should be a Ford Ranger, new or used, (they've looked about the same for the past 15 years), load it up with fish and sell door-to-door and for getting laid under the stars put a mattress in back, the smells will be similar.​

I don't know why, but I really like this post.

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

I don't know of anyone who shows off their porch.

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I don't know of anyone who shows off their porch.

That's because your porch sucks. Come to the liberal haven of NoCal and I'll show you a muthafuckin porch.[​IMG]

7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

For the OP, if you want to get a used car you can get one that is only slightly used and save a shit load and thus get a much better sub 22k car.

Check out Auto Trader, enter you zip, criteria, (under 15k miles, under 22k price, V6, four door, sedan, or what ever) and get an idea what's out there.

Here is a sample not restricted by location.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1265154074855

8. username79

username79 Senior member

I think it's the justification of the type.