1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A most stylish gentleman.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 27, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Also has anyone gotten the chance to view "Happy Victims" a photo essay of Japanese people, and their rooms filled with clothing of only one designer?
    Yes. Also tools. And I love denim as much as BrianSD - its manufacture, provenance, etc... And yes, I do love my sneakers, and probably buy too many pairs. And yes, sometimes I get belts custom made. And probably there are many of you who spend a little too much time on Ebay, and others of you who have spent too much time and money on bespoke clothing and super expensive shoes. Especially the latter it seems. But there is a thin line between interest and insanity, and this man has crossed it, and done a little jig on the other side.
    Whilst I tend to spend perhaps too much time / money on clothes, I will state that I am hardly obsessed, sure I am not exactly "˜normal' especially when I spend a good 2 hours calling every RL store that carries RLPL to find items in my size which are on sale...but in my own defense, I use a very hard to find size and was willing to spend $5 on my cell phone to say hundreds on clothing. There is logic in my pursuit...this gentleman however has lost the logical pursuit and wandered into coo-coo territory. Jon.

2. 1Dgaf

1Dgaf Senior Member

(petescolari @ Jan. 27 2005,09:37) What? No monocle? Give him a couple more years and I believe he will age like C. Montgomery Burns.
    Helmut Newton once had a female darkroom printer who was a former Bauhaus student of Walter Gropius. She used to wear black velvet suits, white collared shirts, and a monocle everyday.
    She sounds fit.

3. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior Member

LOL.

I saw this thread this morning when there was only one reply. Looks like this one's been the toast of the day...

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

(LabelKing @ Jan. 27 2005,13:05)
    What? No monocle? Give him a couple more years and I believe he will age like C. Montgomery Burns.
    Helmut Newton once had a female darkroom printer who was a former Bauhaus student of Walter Gropius. She used to wear black velvet suits, white collared shirts, and a monocle everyday.
    She sounds fit.
    What's fit? I doubt it means athletically inclined.

5. 1Dgaf

1Dgaf Senior Member

Attractive. So a bit of both, I suppose. No BBWs need ring the bell at 1Dgaf Towers.

6. Alias

Alias Distinguished Member

I think it's the poses he does. They don't look natural. Maybe he would look more elegant if he smiled more and relaxed.

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Stylish Dinosaur

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm not so sure that what I'm feeling about this chap's, um, fetish(?), isn't the same thing that makes me rubberneck at accident scenes...or perhaps the occasional pop into the public voyeur websites: I know it's sick, and I shouldn't be staring, but golly I just can't turn away.

I'm more than a little weirded out by the whole thing. Some of those photos remind me of what Ed Guine must have looked like whilst crafting lampshades out of "visitor's" hides. I'm feeling a little icky just writing about him.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

...the guy kind of reminds me of Christopher Lloyd

9. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior Member

Well, fellas, I guess there's no way to invite him to the forum now, unless we delete this entire thread... Pity; I think that exercise would have been interesting, to say the least. Of course, there is the distinct possibility that he is a lurker here, has observed all this, and is now planning some sort of elaborate "Dr. Evil with a mustache and some fancy pants" revenge scenario upon us all...

Just as an aside - has anyone ever seen a CIGAR holder before? Where the hell did he find that?

10. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

makes me feel a lot better about my clothing 'sickness,' when compared to that gent.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Yes, cigar holders are fairly common but scarcer than cigarette holders which in general are rather rare these days anyways.

There are also cheroot holders, and a type of cigarette holder that resembles a pipe in which the cigarette is stuck upright in the bowl.

12. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

i read this entire thread before looking at his website and i expected him to be a total weirdo. but now, after seeing the site, i don't see what all the fuss is about. i agree he over does it with the moustache and the bowler hats, but that's about it. and he seems to have have snicker in many of the shots, as though he's aware of the silliness of it all.

after reading this thread, i'm definitely never posting a pic on the web. you guys are mean.

13. Alias

Alias Distinguished Member

That's what happens when you post yourself on the Internet. You're basically giving everyone in the world free license to mock you as they see fit.

I'm sure he looks a lot better in person than he does in the pictures.

14. ernest

ernest Distinguished Member

This guy is crazy.

Aren't his suits too loose?

15. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

He's certainly less Magnum and more Higgins [​IMG] Bradford