• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A most stylish gentleman.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look, what makes the guy a tool in my opinion is not that he has a hobby that he enjoys. It is the fact that he is explaining and showing his hobby online. And, it is not like a forum, where people are communicating with one another. He is posting generally, hoping that strangers with whom he has no communication at all come and look. And, beyond that even, he strikes poses for his own self-timed camera. Look at some of the pictures -- he is modeling. And for whom? I'm not denigrating his hobby -- though I do think it odd. What I think is weird is the way in which he publicizes to the universe.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I knew a transvestite once, a coworker of my wife, who would carry around a large photo album of himself in drag which somehow "accidentily" a lot of his friends got to see. he got a bit of a response that I don't rally want to think about it from people seeing him that way, it was too creepy for me (and hey, no problems with a variety of sexual preferences, it was the getting me involved part that creeped me out). I get that vide from this gentleman.

but for the record, I would wear almost any of his suits on the everyday pages.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems to me that this sort of internet display is akin to the Japanese shoe/Vuitton/Hermes fetish personal sites.

Also has anyone gotten the chance to view "Happy Victims" a photo essay of Japanese people, and their rooms filled with clothing of only one designer?

One woman bought enough Jean-Paul Gaultier to fund a house purchase in Tokyo.

By "tool" are you referring to the phallic or the impressionable aspect?

Military uniforms are still part of the tailoring tradition for many Saville Row houses such as Huntsman.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tool = total loser.

Use of this slang term is probably more prevalent on the west coast.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What? No monocle?

Give him a couple more years and I believe he will age like C. Montgomery Burns.
Helmut Newton once had a female darkroom printer who was a former Bauhaus student of Walter Gropius.

She used to wear black velvet suits, white collared shirts, and a monocle everyday.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tool = total loser.

Use of this slang term is probably more prevalent on the west coast.
unfourtunatly, if it was in use after about 1989, I probrably don't know it...

Brian SD

Reaction score
He's a very peculiar guy judging by his images to say the least, but i have to appreciate the effort and the meticulism of his appreciation... I was considering runnin a website with denim resources, links to denim laundries and manufacturers, phone numbers, and all kinds of ish about denim that lots of kids probably wanna know... I would hate to be so prideful as to post a link here and have people call me a tool who spent enough time to make 1000+ internet forum messages about fashion/style. better take down my music blog...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree with Johnnynorman - a complete tool.  If he was straight, I can't imagine he has a girlfriend or wife.  No sane woman could put up with that.  Actually, same goes for any gay guy I know as well (although they seem to have more tolerance for, interesting, foibles.)
I was at an art/antiques show once, and I saw a couple who were entirely dressed in 50's attire.

The woman was in a day suit with ruffles, carried an alligator clutch bag, a fur coat on her arm, and a picture hat. The man was in a grey double breasted suit, and a fedora. A pocket watch chain was visible from his breast pocket.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(petescolari @ Jan. 27 2005,12:37) Give him a couple more years and I believe he will age like C. Montgomery Burns.
"I think... the fangs today."
HAHAHAHAHAHA. We'll, you can't blame him for showing you his vest
wink.gif
Jon.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also has anyone gotten the chance to view "Happy Victims" a photo essay of Japanese people, and their rooms filled with clothing of only one designer?

Yes. Also tools. And I love denim as much as BrianSD - its manufacture, provenance, etc... And yes, I do love my sneakers, and probably buy too many pairs. And yes, sometimes I get belts custom made. And probably there are many of you who spend a little too much time on Ebay, and others of you who have spent too much time and money on bespoke clothing and super expensive shoes. Especially the latter it seems. But there is a thin line between interest and insanity, and this man has crossed it, and done a little jig on the other side.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a relative who goes around dressed like a revolutionary war soldier. he is a reenactor who takes it a little too seriously. he seems to be a few balls short of a full powder horn....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads