• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a more interesting hairstyle

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, so for the last couple years my hair has essentially been cut with no apparent style. in the morning, after taking a shower, i just press the water out of my hair and let it dry. pretty boring.

anyway i wanted some recommendations on a more interesting haircut, just post pictures or say what you think would be good. thanks.

what do you think of this, where the top retains a little more hair while the sides have less (sort of that european mullet thing):

SP0457~Manchester-United-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Posters.jpg

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, it's always bad to base your hairstyles off cool guy celebrities.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree

especially athletes.

sabvinnie

Reaction score
It is a bit Eurotrashy - a little too greasy:) Basically you have to be a soccer player (Ronaldo being the best in the world) to pull it off...

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sabvinnie
It is a bit Eurotrashy - a little too greasy:) Basically you have to be a soccer player (Ronaldo being the best in the world) to pull it off...

well i do sort of have the figure of a soccer player- no fat, light/medium build.

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree

lol, some of those footballers have some of the worst haircuts

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unrated
lol, some of those footballers have some of the worst haircuts

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, although i don't think ronaldo's is too bad esp. compared to these

img_3.jpg

img_6.jpg

img_11.jpg

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the 2nd one rick james?

sabvinnie

Reaction score
Ronaldo's is actually not that bad - you could shorten your sides a little...

Don't grow a mo like rick james though...

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude don't bash on Valderrama. That dude's hair is SICK.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Don't get hair like ronaldo. Doesn't seem like it'd suit you. Plus, ronaldo looks like a huge dick. Why would you want to be like him? ****, i need more off the side of my hair now that i think of it. Shorter on the sides, with some length up top usually can work though if you style it a bit (and i don't mean with a faux hawk like your's)

hi-val

Reaction score
I'd go for a JFK haircut. Part, a little swept back. Your hair is begging for some direction. If you feel like it's thick, tell your barber to thin it out and they'll use thinning shears to do it.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I'm all about the asian mullet, it's kind of what that guy is doing.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Shorter on the sides, with some length up top usually can work though if you style it a bit (and i don't mean with a faux hawk like your's)

that's what i was thinking, but if not faux hawk, then what?

also, lol @ the other c. ronaldo hair thread posted today

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Just give your hair some light texture with some product. Wear it kinda messy or look through hair styles and find something like that. Or wear it more clean and groomed. Right now, if i saw you walking around the outlet malls of orlando (where i used to live) there's no way i wouldn't think you were a tourist. I think every 15-20 year old british tourist has that haircut.

You could just keep it shorter on the sides and style it similar to ronaldo's minus the mullet and the stupid little thing dangling in his face. There's a reason everyone not a portugal or man u fan thinks he's a douchebag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads