A. McQueen

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seanandnik, Oct 28, 2004.

1. seanandnik

seanandnik Senior member

What do you guys know/think about the Alexander McQueen label ? I see a suit on Ebay, it say's A. McQ for Gucci and it has a nice grey with blue pinstripe wool suit that I think is rather nice. Any comments ?

2. enak

enak Member

Although I think Gucci owns the A.McQ label, I didn't know he ever designed for the Gucci house label.

Can someone confirm this?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

McQueen has never designed a Gucci line. They are (potentially) tapping him to become creative director though.

4. hermes

hermes Senior member

mcqueen, in a recent article, stated that he was approached by PPR to be the new creative director for gucci/ysl (to replace tom ford) but that he declined, feeling that he would not be able to design and/or be the head of design for such a large number of lines and labels and still keep up quality and creativity

as such, he's happy with his niche in life

but yes, as stated, his line is owned by gucci (via ownership i suppose by PPR) and i've never known him to have designed directly for the gucci line

5. EastDevil

EastDevil Member

There's one Alexander McQueen shirt which I like a lot. Unfortunately, you can only wear it if you have the perfect body of slim flat stomach.

6. enak

enak Member

Although I think Gucci owns the A.McQ label, I didn't know he ever designed for the Gucci house label.
    McQueen has never designed a Gucci line. They are (potentially) tapping him to become creative director though.
    Thanks for the confirmation