• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little help with the coats

European Interloper

Reaction score
I just bought a Helmut Lang white 3/4 length hooded coat. I needed something warm and comfortable, and it was on sale (currently living on diminished budget thanks to Spitzer)... I'm white, but have the ability to tan. I have dirty blonde long hair... Is it ok for me to wear this coat?

thanks
European Interloper

VWpete

Reaction score
Yes. It sounds like a cool piece. I think HL's winter whites are nice on anyone as long as your skin tone isn't really pasty (which sounds like it's not the case). If you feel good in it and can work to keep it clean, I think it's a refreshing, clean color. I don't have any white winter coats, but recently tried on a db Dior white wool pea coat that was amazing, but alot of $ and I was looking for more of an overcoat. Went w/ a 3/4 Dior brown (olive tones) wool overcoat. Have fun w/ it.
Cheers,
Pete

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome back E.I., I've always enjoyed the air of arrogance in your posting. Anyway, it sounds like a nice coat. Is it wool or a synthetic blend? BTW, who is Spitzer?

European Interloper

Reaction score
Hmm air of arrogance... how refreshingly british. Eliot Spitzer is the Attorney General of New York State, and, as a result of his often justified but tiresome penalizing of the banking industry, has decreased many people's incomes. The coat, strangely enough, is synthetic on the outside but has sheepskin on the inside... It shouldn't be warm and is extremely thin and breathable, but it is.
European Interloper

gqelements

Reaction score
iI have a similar piece in more of a garlic tone. Love it. I'm also fair complexion, blue eyes, and dirty blond hair. Have received many compliments on the coat. Compliments aside, I love the coat.

jS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads