1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A little help with Gaziano and Girling sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by laufer, Mar 17, 2011.

1. laufer

laufer Senior member

Hi folks,

I need the little help determining my G&G size. For the reference I have really good fit on C&J last 337 (10E) and AE last 8 (Size 11D).

I am interested smart round last DG 70. From the pictures on Nick's site it seems to me that this is longest last or this might be just my illusion. My second choice is TG73 last. Can some of you share your experience with me I would greatly appreciate that.

By the way I know I can order some shoes from Nick and return them if they do not fit but I would like to avoid going that route.

2. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

I can only comment on the TG73.
    I've had a good fit by going down a half size.
    so a US 9.5 = UK 9E in the TG73

3. laufer

laufer Senior member

Thanks for the reply, it is safe to say for me then I should not go full size down TG73.

For some reason I like traditional english round last hence TG73 is not my first choice.

4. Srynerson

Srynerson Senior member

Hi folks,

I need the little help determining my G&G size. For the reference I have really good fit on C&J last 337 (10E) and AE last 8 (Size 11D).

I am interested smart round last DG 70. From the pictures on Nick's site it seems to me that this is longest last or this might be just my illusion. My second choice is TG73 last. Can some of you share your experience with me I would greatly appreciate that.

By the way I know I can order some shoes from Nick and return them if they do not fit but I would like to avoid going that route.

Conventional wisdom is that G&G's mainline last shapes all fit the same (I've only seen a small handful of people who have ever claimed that they needed different sizing for the DG70/TG73 lasts). If you are a US 11D for a AE last and a UK 10E for a C&J last, I will guarantee you that you will need to go with a UK 10.5E for G&G in general and the DG70 should fit fine.

5. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Thanks for the reply, it is safe to say for me then I should not go full size down TG73. For some reason I like traditional english round last hence TG73 is not my first choice.
    What Woe said is correct for all G&G shoes. Go down a half size from your normal American size. All G&G lasts fit the same! If you are an 11E in the TG73 then you are an 11E in the other 3 lasts as well.

6. laufer

laufer Senior member

Many thanks to everybody I will go with 10.5

7. rioni

rioni Senior member

I'm also trying to find the best size for a pair of G&G's. Does anyone know how the DG70 last fits? and what size I should get? I was thinking a size 8.5E. I am a US 9D and my best fitting shoe is the EG 888 last in 8.5/9E.

8. w.o.e.is.me.

I believe all the G&G lasts fit fundamentally the same.
    so the -half size conversion should still work for you.

9. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

Agreed. For another reference point:

12D Alden Van
    11.5D Alden Barrie
    12D AE #5
    11.5/12E EG 202
    11.5E G&G

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I used to agree with this, but I just got a pair in GG06 and I am US 9.5, UK 8.5, and I took a G&G 9.5 in these and they are almost tight. [​IMG]

11. w.o.e.is.me.

hm...are they long though?
    *pause*

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

hm...are they long though?
    *pause*

Nope, perfect.

13. forex

forex Senior member

I used to agree with this, but I just got a pair in GG06 and I am US 9.5, UK 8.5, and I took a G&G 9.5 in these and they are almost tight. [​IMG]

What the fuck? I was considering a pair on GG06 in 10.5,you confuse me,dude.

14. SpooPoker

What the fuck? I was considering a pair on GG06 in 10.5,you confuse me,dude.

Strange shit, I know. Im going to try and wear them again tomorrow - Ill let you know then. PM me if you want for more deets.

15. oshinex

oshinex Senior member

one half size down from american,

16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Hey everyone. I'm resurrecting an old thread so I don't have to make a new one. I'm interested in these G&G's..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221200479141?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I've got only one respectable pair of shoes; Carmina's on the Rain last, 11.5 and they fit great. Would these G&G's fit me? Anyone able to comment on that?

Thank you in advance.

ETA: My Carminas are 10.5 UK that fits like 11.5 US.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Reviving this thread in anticipation of Spoo's upcoming offerings. I am a slightly narrower than medium US9.5D. I have a pair of G&Gs in size UK9D on the TG73 last. Can I safely size down one-half size and up one width, to UK8.5E? I wear UK8.5 in most Carmina lasts, C&J 337, and RLPL 89.

18. SpooPoker

:)

I wear 9.5D US and take 9E in GG everything, as a point of reference.

19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Do you all wear the same size in KN14 as you do in other G&G lasts?

20. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

I guess I'll bump this thread again...

How do I convert GG06 to Alden Barrie?