• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little help with an article for my school's news paper.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
I was reading the my school's newspaper today and saw something of interest that caught my eye today. Inside was a full page article on woman's skinny jeans. The article was pretty good, but it felt like it was written by a girl who really didn't do her research on the subject. So I was thinking to myself, why not write an article on raw denim and why it's gaining popularity with some people. I think that I've read and posted enough on this board and lurked enough on superfuture and my nudies to have a decent amount of knowledge on the subject, but the only problem is that I would really like some people's opinion on this. I think that the editor is cool enough to let some non students quotes in the paper, I'm going to email the editor just to double check, but it should be fine. So the thing is that I would like some people's opinion on why the wear dry denim. I'm also going to mention this board in the article. So guys help a guy out and give me some opinions on dry, raw, or what ever you call it.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw is better because predistressed denim looks like ass. Except for my older PDC GTO's, they to this day are my fav pair of jeans, but they are also only very mildly distressed.

By the way, does anyone know what would be the closest fit to the older GTO's in a raw denim?

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Would you mind if I quoted you in my article.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Raw is better because predistressed denim looks like ass. Except for my older PDC GTO's, they to this day are my fav pair of jeans, but they are also only very mildly distressed.

By the way, does anyone know what would be the closest fit to the older GTO's in a raw denim?

Minus the big bootcut, I'm assuming? RRDS are pretty similar to my GTO 1 years, and I'm not sure if ES makes the Hutch in raw yet, but it's a similar cut as well.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
Would you mind if I quoted you in my article.

ha, no not at all.
bigstar[1].gif

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Minus the big bootcut, I'm assuming? RRDS are pretty similar to my GTO 1 years, and I'm not sure if ES makes the Hutch in raw yet, but it's a similar cut as well.
Yeah, I think the RRDS are the closest probably. They do seem slightly baggier though. Maybe 5EP? I haven't tried those yet. Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the RRDS are the closest probably. They do seem slightly baggier though. Maybe 5EP? I haven't tried those yet.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

I was going to say 5EP low down bootcuts, but they have a significantly higher rise (11" or so)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Try the SC005 by John Bull - rise is about the same (slightly higher), slight bootcut. They are one wash, not raw, but there you go.

Wade M

Reaction score
I wear raws because I enjoy the fact they are an expression of me. They turn out due to me. They may become a popular style, but no two pairs are ever the same.

I wear raw jeans as I enjoy the process. Clothing is usually seen as a finished product when purchased. Raw is the beginning of the process. I am enjoying the process of watching my jeans, my project grow/change in a reflection of my lifestyle.

--Wade

Max

Reaction score
Forget all the poetic bullshit, they just look much less stupid than super faded distressed jeans of maximum lameness.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Try the SC005 by John Bull - rise is about the same (slightly higher), slight bootcut. They are one wash, not raw, but there you go.

****...those look great. Thanks man!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
Forget all the poetic bullshit, they just look much less stupid than super faded distressed jeans of maximum lameness.
looks like the OP got his quote!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

lol, maybe it can be one of those blown-up quotes in big bold type:
Said an anonymous denim enthusiast, "predistressed deim looks like ass".

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Lawyerdad:

That might be a good idea.

benchan

Reaction score
Sounds strange, but one reason I like raw denim is that they look more dressy. I like dark denim. If raw denim comes in pale blue colour then I will avoid it at all cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads