• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Little Bit of Italy in Savile Row

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well designed website and good looking finished products. I hope you do well here.

sammy

Reaction score
Matthew,
Nice blog. I've always loved the Huntsman silhouette. Any plans to visit Washington DC when you come to NY?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Amazing! this is exactly the kind of tailoring that I am looking for. I like that it has the traditional English sleeve caps, but without the stiffness in the shoulders and chest.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outstanding work, both on the tailoring and the videos. You really convey both personality and style in your work and your explaination of it. I especially appreciated your take on soft tailoring from the perspective of a strong silhouette.

First I've seen of your blog. I hope to read the whole thing over the next few days.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
Outstanding work, both on the tailoring and the videos. You really convey both personality and style in your work and your explaination of it. I especially appreciated your take on soft tailoring from the perspective of a strong silhouette.

First I've seen of your blog. I hope to read the whole thing over the next few days.

+1

Reaction score
Thank you all for such positive feedback. It is much appreciated and nice to know that I'm heading in the right direction.

After seeing several dissapointing 'soft tailored suits' from Savile Row. This has given me the opportunity to show what can be achieved with skilfull craftsman and some good pattern cutting in Savile Row.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing some of you in NY in the Fall.

Matthew
The Savile row Artisan

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matthew farnes
After seeing several dissapointing 'soft tailored suits' from Savile Row. This has given me the opportunity to show what can be achieved with skilfull craftsman and some good pattern cutting in Savile Row.

...here we go again...

laugh.gif

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Martin Stall
So, did you receive the email that I sent you yesterday evening?

Martin, are you asking Matthew or me?

- B

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matthew farnes
Thank you all for such positive feedback. It is much appreciated and nice to know that I'm heading in the right direction.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing some of you in NY in the Fall.

Matthew
The Savile row Artisan

are you actually ON SR? your website does not list an address

i like the huntsman shape so naturally i like the stuff you make very, very much. especially the summer jacket already posted. and video clips presents your products nicely !
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads